Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Katelynal's Exercise Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=261262)

katelynal Sat, Aug-06-05 19:03

Katelynal's Exercise Log

My goal is to get healthier & more fit. I know that this will help me enjoy my favorite sport (tennis) even more!

Today - USTA team practice, got there early and practiced serves for 20 minutes, then played one set of doubles before getting called to work for an emergency.

Tonight - 40 minutes on recumbent bike, 7.4 miles

I've been playing tennis at least 3 times a week (doubles). If the match is at 5:30 pm and I don't have to move around the court alot, I am riding the recumbent bike for at least 30 minutes when I get home. I am shooting to ride the bike for 45 minutes on days that I don't play tennis.

I'm just starting to think about working on some other exercises at home. I have hand weights and a fitness ball. Somewhere I have a workout card of exercises that a trainer helped me with about 4 years ago (using the weights and the ball). I guess that is a good place to start.

I'm hoping that keeping this log will be helpful in giving me even more motivation :)

katelynal Sun, Aug-07-05 20:09

Day 2

Today I rode the recumbent bike for 40 minutes, 7.3 miles

This evening I played a doubles tennis match - we won 6-4, 6-4. Lots of good points, but I'm glad that I rode the bike earlier. Picked up a flyer today for something called Cardio Tennis - it looks brutal, I mean fun :P

katelynal Mon, Aug-08-05 18:16

Rode the recumbent bike for 47 minutes, 9.1 miles. I wonder what caused that twitchy feeling in my upper legs after I finished. I've had it before - just never remember to search the net for an answer.

No tennis tonight - I'm playing a singles match tomorrow evening.

katelynal Tue, Aug-09-05 19:24

Pleasantly pooped

I played a singles tennis match tonight. Even though I lost, I was very proud of myself. I am 3.0 player and I played a guy 15 years younger than me who just got bumped up to 3.5. The score was 6-4, 6-2 and we went deuce on quite a few of the games. It still almost 90 degrees at 5:00 pm when I got to the court. I got there early to be sure we could get a court and I had to squeegee 1/4 of the court because it rained earlier in the day. Then I practiced serves for about 15 minutes until my opponent arrived. Definitely a full evening for me!

I have a ladies double match tomorrow night, but it's not until 7:30 pm. I think that I will try to get up early in the morning and ride the recumbent bike for 30 minutes before work. 'Onederland' is calling my name!!!

katelynal Wed, Aug-10-05 21:28

Played doubles match tonight (we won 6-2, 6-4).

Did not get up before work and ride recumbent bike. I felt very tired this morning - I need to get to bed earlier.

I'm playing in a local tournament - our first match is tomorrow night at 6:30 and I am getting to bed late again so I will have to ride the bike on Friday (our 2nd match won't be until Saturday).

katelynal Thu, Aug-11-05 21:19

Played our 1st tournament match tonight - we won in a long, drawn-out battle, 7-5, 6-7, 1-0

Although I had some problems with not keeping my eye on the ball from time to time, I was really happy with the way I was running down balls in the far corners of the court. That was alot different 44 lbs ago - yeeehaawww!!!

Our next match is Sat morning at 8 am.

katelynal Fri, Aug-12-05 19:20

Today's exercise - 53 minutes on the recumbent bike, 10.05 miles

katelynal Sat, Aug-13-05 18:23

Lost our match today - we split the 1st 2 sets and were up 5-1 in the 10 point tiebreaker and still managed to lose - argh!

Rode the recumbent bike for 35 minutes, 6.3 miles for penance :P

katelynal Sun, Aug-14-05 20:11

Recumbent bike - 55 minutes, 10.25 miles

Tennis tomorrow night - 6 pm

katelynal Tue, Aug-16-05 08:02

Monday night - doubles tennis match, we won 6-1, 6-0

katelynal Tue, Aug-16-05 20:38

Exercise tonight:
Recumbent bike - 30 minutes, 5.4 miles

doloresrod Wed, Aug-17-05 07:15

Just wanted to come by your gym log to check it out.
You're doing great.

Take care, :rose:
Dolores

katelynal Wed, Aug-17-05 22:19

6.5 combo doubles match tonight - we won 6-2, 6-1

katelynal Thu, Aug-18-05 13:57

On the CDC website, I found something called "Growing Stronger - Strength Training for Older Adults". I took a break and did the simple Stage 1 exercises in my office just now - I suck. My arms actually were quivering afterwards just from doing the wall pushups - another wakeup call. I will do the Stage 2 exercises tonight at home. I guess that I will alternate days between the recumbent bike and beginning wienie strength training.

katelynal Thu, Aug-18-05 18:15

Stage 1 exercises this aftn - squats, 2 sets of 10
wall pushups, 2 sets of 10
toe stands, 2 sets of 10
some stretches

Tonite - stage 2 exercises -
biceps curls w/3 lb dumbbells - 2 sets of 10
step ups - 2 sets of 10
overhead press - 2 sets of 10 - 3lb dumbbells
hip abduction - 2 sets of 10