Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   TOF's (The Over Fifty's) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Not being hungry; (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=473644)

jmh6251 Fri, May-27-16 12:53

Not being hungry;

Have you noticed as you go along with this eating plan you just don't get as hungry?

I sometimes have to remind myself to eat. That is a first for me, I usually have had the opposite problem.

bluesinger Fri, May-27-16 13:45

Yes. Remember when eating 3 meals per day to add fat so that calorie intake doesn't get too low. I know. Calories don't matter, but if your metabolism slows from eating too little, eventually eating the same amount will cause weight gain.

jmh6251 Fri, May-27-16 19:48

Right now it has been 2 meals a day. Around noon I think oh I haven't eaten anything solid yet so I force the issue. I usually have either HWC or Coconut milk in my coffee in the morning. Of course I have about one cup of bone broth for my joints a day so that does it for me. I also make sure I am getting my fat, so I eat bacon and eggs around noon. Tonight I really didn't want dinner but ate about half a steak and green beans. I know green veggies are good for me so I do my best with them. But I am just not hungry

MickiSue Sat, May-28-16 11:50

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your body will settle into what works for it. For me, that looks like breakfast and dinner, with maybe/maybe not a bit of cheese, or a few nuts somewhere in between.

But there are plenty of people on this forum who eat just one big meal a day, and are well satisfied.

WereBear Sun, May-29-16 08:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
But there are plenty of people on this forum who eat just one big meal a day, and are well satisfied.

That is me, lately. I love it!

We must remember than a lot of the foods we ate before messed with our blood sugar and made us abnormally hungry. We are also getting much more nutrition now.

Just Jo Sun, May-29-16 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
This would be me too!

I only eat once a day b/c I have a crap load of food related issues and I suffer from a chronic illness called “I’m only hungry when I start putting FOOD in my mouth!” syndrome!

In the version of Atkins I do (Diet Revolution 1972), Dr. A says to "Eat when Hungry and :stop: STOP when you're not."

It's worked brilliantly for me so far!

Wishing you continued success of your journey to better HEALTH! :agree:

jmh6251 Sun, May-29-16 13:04

Yesterday I ate a bit more then usual, Not more carbs, but bordered on too much protein.

Today so far I have had (1) boiled egg and a cup of coffee with coconut milk. I seem satisfied. I guess the body knows what it needs, just so it doesn't tell me I need an over load of starch.

Thankyou so much for your input, I thought maybe I was in nutritional trouble. Glad to know it is semi normal.

katmeyster Sun, May-29-16 17:33

I go up and down with the hunger, but I don't worry about it too much. I have been fasting every other day, and that seems to increase my appetite on the non-fasting day, but not so much that I eat too much. In fact, I was worried that food didn't taste so great anymore, but that is gone -- food tastes great (bacon!)

At least on this WOE you can adjust accordingly without having too much impact on your carb intake -- I just have to watch the protein intake these days.

jmh6251 Sun, May-29-16 22:08

I have read that too much protein causes the body to turn it into glucose.

WereBear Mon, May-30-16 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
I have read that too much protein causes the body to turn it into glucose.

That seems to be true. Of course, some people find they are craving protein because previous eating habits gave them too little. They can cut back naturally then.

Hiltm Wed, Aug-31-16 20:59

Went to lunch with my sister today. I wasn't hungry, so I'd skipped breakfast after having my coconut oil coffee. At lunch, I ordered a cob salad and barely ate half of it.

The old days? I would have scarfed the entire salad, and had fries or onion rings too!

MickiSue Thu, Sep-01-16 08:03

jmh, how are you figuring the protein? The easiest way, if you are trying to be strict with your macros, is to eat the same number of grams of protein as fat, and that gets your ratios.

So: a chicken breast (nasty thing, but I know the protein grams) is about 25 grams of protein. If you have about another 75, total, then have about 100 grams of fat. With, say, 20 grams of carbs, that's 80 carb calories, 400 protein calories and 900 fat calories, for 1480, total, and percentages of 5% carbs, 27% protein and 61% fat.

You could probably add a bit of fat by frying the proteins in some sort of fat--bacon grease, schmaltz, cooking olive oil, etc. But if you still have weight to lose, at this point a small part of your fat comes from your own fat cells.

Bonnie OFS Mon, Sep-05-16 19:49

I haven't gotten to the point where I've forgotten to eat, but I'm certainly eating a lot less with less hunger. Cutting protein was the key for me as I hadn't known until recently about too much protein raising BG.