Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Whats for Dinner? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=432242)

mainecyn Mon, Aug-15-11 15:44

Whats for Dinner?

I know we have had this topic millions of times. Just can't find it. Whats for dinner tonight?

mainecyn Mon, Aug-15-11 15:45

Tonight, I am making bacon wrapped chicken. You take a roaster or frying chicken, rub it with about 2 tbsp butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper (any other herbs you want) then you lay bacon across the chicken and roast it in the oven. The bacon grease cooks into that chicken and it all gets crispy. If it gets too crispy before chicken is cooked i cover it with foil.

deity_me Mon, Aug-15-11 15:56

Bacon, Eggs and Steak!!
And if the avocados are ripe, I'll have them for dessert

colipdx Mon, Aug-15-11 16:01

T-Bone steaks with mock mashed potatoes (cauliflower) and broccoli drizzled with garlic olive oil and cooked at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. We are so used to the cauliflower instead of potatoes that when we have regular ones they taste kind of funny now. Probably have some cherry jello with whipped cream for desert. I love getting my meal ideas from this website. I have gotten lots of yummy ones and always return when I am feeling uninspired. I made the low-carb spinach lasagna this weekend and it was great.

lovemypets Mon, Aug-15-11 16:04

Flank steak (marinated in low sodium soy sauce, olive oil, ginger, garlic, pepper and fresh lime juice)
grilled on the BBQ

Grilled Patty Pan Squash from the garden :yum: with walla walla onions

Grilled whole green onions

Ryevels Ma Mon, Aug-15-11 16:09

Delmonico with butter, salt and pepper!

lovemypets Mon, Aug-15-11 16:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryevels Ma
Delmonico with butter, salt and pepper!

??? The only Delmonico I know of is a steakhouse Restaurant. :)
What is your Delmonico????

mainecyn Mon, Aug-15-11 16:37

Quote:
What is your Delmonico

I was going to ask the same thing

Robin120 Mon, Aug-15-11 16:55

Salmon Caesar salad :)

Ryevels Ma Mon, Aug-15-11 17:07

I buy them at my local grocery all the time. I think they are like a rib eye. I just know they are YUMMY!!

Buttoni Mon, Aug-15-11 17:29

Rib-eye drenched in butter and a nice green salad. Two big strawberries for dessert. :)

bmore4now Mon, Aug-15-11 17:35

New York Strip/Sauteed onions in butter and cabbage! YUMMY!

kvcooks Mon, Aug-15-11 17:48

Grilled sockeye salmon topped with yummy Trader Joe's Wasabi Mayo, and broccoli roasted with garlic and olive oil. Hubby also gets a couple crusty rolls. Trying be very disciplined as I seem to have stalled for a few days.

JFP 1975 Mon, Aug-15-11 17:55

Lemon-ginger bone-in pork chops, with 2 sides: shirataki noodles marinated in the pork chop sauce and steamed broccoli drizzled with olive oil.

RGirl Mon, Aug-15-11 20:57

Broiled salmon covered in dill and zucchini fresh out of the garden sautéed in butter. :D