Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   coconut oil to speed weight loss? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=232929)

skeeweeaka Sat, Apr-01-06 22:06

Hey Sunrise...THE progesterone cream does help me a lot. It also depends on the brand... I use FEM Cream by Abbott labs... Some brands are just expensive lotions.

As far as the yeast... I personally don't know anyone who has gotten rid of it. Again, my theory is that there is some type of hormonal imbalance that is contributing to cause the overgrowth in the first place... So we can add all the good bacteria we want, but until we fix the underlying problem the yeast is not going to go away...

MonicaAus Sun, Apr-02-06 06:55

Interesting thread..I am using BOTH vco and or. oil ...regarding the hormone imbalance right now iam using a pms formula (Now) brand and additional chaste berry...along with a sleeew of Vit D
one thing I noticed when i itch on the outside (skeeweeka you mentioned this) got me thinking....seems like thats POSSIBLY when a detox is happening in that area????? Yeast love warm, moist, dark areas.....i became Exhausted....then i was itching stomach, lower belly, external crotch area too!!!seemed at though not only were they dying off in the intestional area, were purdgiung thru the skin!!!
i got to back off a bit right now going to Australia next friday, dont want to be itching too much on the loooong plane ride:)
the water is BIG for me, usually dont drink enough...and I know what else can dead yeast ride out of the body on?
I am going to check into the progesterone cream too.....BUT i think chaste berry is helping, i will definitely know i 1 week
Thank You all for being so candid i struggle with this...doc gave my mystatin...i have it for backup, but really want to cure it, not cover it..... i also quite smoking a few months ago, which has added a little spin to my stuff....but with all this wonderful information from so many ppl Iam sure i will find the info and make some connections and togather we will all be as Healthy as possible
Thanks again
monica

nosher Sun, Apr-02-06 09:20

Coconut Oil

I love to fry low carb tortillas in coconut oil and then sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon. They rock! :yum:

ProfGumby Sun, Apr-02-06 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosher
I love to fry low carb tortillas in coconut oil and then sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon. They rock! :yum:

I'm trying to decide what I love more right now, your recipe, or you for posting it! :D

Gonna do that today! :yum:

skinnyRay Sun, Apr-02-06 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrise02
LoL--You are so cute! ok--help me undestand--why reduce it now? And, then increase? huh?

sorry to have taken so long to reply - been flat out with all my new energy :lol:

reduce it to give your body abit less off a reaction and ease your self into it and increase it to get the max benefit when your body is adjusted.
:wave:

re your other question: i don't know what it was but i too was so tired until i started 3 things
1. reduced the dose and worked up
2. added OoO
3. started taking a daily probiotic capsule

The die off is like things getting worse before they get better and so by going off the ccno you might be going backwards. chances are if you have been on it for 6 weeks it is almost over.

I feel yer pain !!

Shreen Mon, Apr-03-06 17:58

Got some CO from ebay (RitzCoco) 1 gal- great price, but tastes weird. The Nutiva I got from Netrition was creamy and smooth and coconutty tasting. This tastes like coconut, but not so smooth and creamy, maybe a little bitter... Don't think I got ripped off do you? (Refined CO w/ coconut flavor?) Maybe really little processing & that's why it tastes a bit "raw"?

skinnyRay Mon, Apr-03-06 18:58

Hi Shreen

This website is a really good base. Tells you what to expect re taste and quality and price. I buy an aussie product but i read up on this site to find out what i should be looking for.

i bought some from an asian grocer once....it was less that half the price but the taste was so foul that i threw it out....didn't even want to use it on my hair!! puke

sometimes it's not worth saving a dollar if the quality isn't there.

tropical traditions has good info on all aspects of CCNO

good luck.

Dreamy1 Mon, Apr-03-06 19:06

Shreen....just a thought I had when I read your post...is there an expirey date on it? Is it fresh?I have had nothing to do with it but just a thought. Dessicated coconut goes rancid if kept too long...... :)

yogama Tue, Apr-04-06 14:48

Hey Shreen -

I get mine at Tropical Traditions when they run sales which is often. I get the organic virgin co and it has minimal processing and its smooth and creamy too.

skeeweeaka Thu, Apr-06-06 11:02

Yes, I agree with YOGA, I think unrefined is best...

Also, I don't know what is going on because at first I had a lot of energy, but for the last 4 days I have had no energy...back to where I was....frustrating...

ShayKNJ Thu, Apr-06-06 11:54

I feel the same way. Today is day 7 for me and the first six days I had a lot of energy, it was great now today I can barely do anything, can hardly keep my eyes open. Why?

skeeweeaka Thu, Apr-06-06 11:55

Yes...why is a good question!!! I wish I knew but I want it back lol...

ShayKNJ Thu, Apr-06-06 13:42

me too! How long have you been using it for now?

skinnyRay Thu, Apr-06-06 19:49

I don't know what to say....you guys have me stumped. It took me nearly 2 months to get my energy back but some days i still have more energy than others....i think it's normal.

Sometimes when i am low i do some star jumps or something aerobic to get the oxygen circulating :/

skeeweeaka Thu, Apr-06-06 20:03

I started using it on the 23rd of March... I don't know what is going on.... It is rather odd.... I'm stepping back and slowing it back down to 1 T....and see how that does..