Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Not a goal, but signs of success along the way (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480532)

Susky2 Fri, Jun-15-18 09:30

Not a goal, but signs of success along the way

I just got results from my recent blood work. Keep in mind that I didn't start making personal changes until mid April. Had I started earlier, I suspect that the numbers would have shown even better improvement. But I'll take what I can get!

Total cholesterol in November 2017: 158
Total cholesterol in June 2018: 145

HDL in November 2017: 38
HDL in June 2018: 42

LDL in November 2017: 94
LDL in June 2018: 86

Triglycerides in November 2017: 154
Triglycerides in June 2018: 77

Looks like I'm trending in the right direction!

bluej Sat, Jun-16-18 00:37

Heading in the right direction is a whole lot of happiness
Congratulations Susky2 :)

Susky2 Tue, Jun-19-18 06:33

Thanks! Had my check-up visit yesterday, and I'm down 20 pounds from my previous visit, which was laden with harsh words about prediabetes, BMI, and the like. This time he said that everything looked good, that my HA1C of 5.0 really couldn't get any better...and he encouraged me to continue.

Onward and, well, downward!

PaCarolSue Thu, Jun-21-18 07:20

All look good, but the improvement in triglycerides is really impressive!!

Susky2 Fri, Jul-06-18 09:04

The weight continues to drop. I've decided to do a 16-8 IF approach in hopes of making it into the 200s by my birthday (10 pounds and less than 3 weeks away). I normally don't like combining a weight AND a date goal, but I'm making a personal exception. It won't be a failure if I don't make it, but if I do, I'll definitely do a little happy dance.

And in the NSV department, several weeks ago I decided to punch two new holes in my belt. I've been using the first of those two holes...and today I was worried that my jeans would fall down. Might be going to hole #2 soon.

Susky2 Wed, Jul-18-18 06:07

Looks like the IF is working. Had a 5 pound whoosh this week! That brings me past the 10% loss figure, and my immediate goal is within reach.

Susky2 Wed, Jul-25-18 08:22

Goal reached, kind of. Cheated on the weigh day, since my birthday was Tuesday and my regular weigh-in is Wednesday. Tuesday's result: 300.5. Wednesday's result: 297.8. So I did hit 300 on my birthday, and I did drop below it on my official weigh date.

I went ahead and had a small breakfast this morning. I might go back to that and just do the 16-8 thing, well, more intermittently. LOL

bluej Wed, Jul-25-18 18:50

congrats, I bet that feels good -- into the 200's you did so well!
actually :D I know that feels good hehe
off I go smiling :D

Susky2 Thu, Sep-20-18 08:08

Time to check in! Just passed the 50 pound mark. I'm not exactly sure what my goal is, but a total of 100 pounds isn't too unrealistic. I'm also considering a BMI under 30, which would put me at around a 95 pound loss, so that's in the same ball park.

So basically, at 5 months in, I'm at the halfway point. Not too shabby!

Ms Arielle Thu, Sep-20-18 12:54

Well done!!

100 off is a good round number!!! I figure to try that method, and when I get close, figure out how I feel, and how the clothes fit, etc. I tell my kids " pinch an inch" has more value than its given credit for.

You are halfway there-- not too shabby!!