Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Sunday starting a new week challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=35202)

amyjeanap Sun, Feb-24-02 10:26

Sunday starting a new week challenge

I hope you all don't mind me starting a new thread for this week. I just thought it would be easier.

I am at the end of my first week of this woe and at 189. So I lost 5 pounds. Woo hoo! Go me! Go me! Go me! I am going to make this week bigger and better!

Today's menu:
Breakfast: 2 eggs and 2 sausage
Lunch: Tuna and provolone
Dinner: Chicken stir fry and two Hohos
Exercise: none- my muscles are killing me and I need a break
Water: 100 oz

Come on guys... lets make this two weeks without a cheat! :D

CRIS Sun, Feb-24-02 14:21

YOU GO GIRL

GOOD FOR YOU AMY JEAN. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I WISH I HAD LOST SOMETHING. WELL I DID LOSE 1, BUT I AM NOT SATISFIED. I GUESS WE ARE WRITING HERE NOW? I HOPE THE OTHERS FOLLOW. I'LL CHECK BACK ON THE OTHER THREAD JUST TO MAKE SURE.

BASpider Sun, Feb-24-02 15:54

You can run, but you can't hide

Found you. This is great. I'm not a week on plan yet. But haven't knowingly cheated. Did screw up once, so I suppose that would be a cheat. When I realized the effect, man the craving for it sure went away!

March on!! :wave:

lowco Sun, Feb-24-02 18:55

last day............new week

hey guys, my average weight is 174....2 pounds down,,,,but i actually weighted in at 172 this morning.........4 POUNDS DOWN!!!!! YES!!!

TOMORROW is yet to come......
my goal this week is 5 pounds....

i hope i lose 1 pound by tomorrow morning.

latter

amyjeanap Sun, Feb-24-02 18:57

CHRIS

Hey, just read your last post on the other thread... I am so sorry that things didn't go well for you this week. I am curious if you have the CAD or the CALP book that you are following. My CAD book says that if you are following plan C and haven't lost two pounds to go to plan D... plan D is eating one high protein meal and a reward meal with 2 cups of salad. Maybe you could try that for one week and see how that goes. I too am concerned about my loss... the scale hasn't budged from 189 in three days. I am thinking that I need to be a little more careful what I have for my reward meal. I owuld love to be at 150 by the end of April... we are going to visit in laws and would love to look a lot better than I did the last time we were there. That means 40 pounds in 10 weeks... I doubt I will get there but still... I hope this week goes better... Don't give up yet! PS Are you exercising?

lcon109 Sun, Feb-24-02 19:10

Amyjean...

Thank you SO much for restarting this challenge! I feel great coming here and reading what everyone is doing, eating, feeling.

I had SUCH a busy day today: First my menu:

B: Wonder Waffles (posted by Sherry) These were pretty darn
good! I added extra cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla
2 slices bacon
1 large glass water

L: 4 slices ham rolled up
2 slices american cheese
1 large glass water

S: Slim Jim

D: Homemade Pizza (I nearly died when I found out how many
carbs are in plain ol' white flour! Try 95 g per cup!!)
Salad (about 4 cups because I didn't feel like fixing another
vegetable)

Painted my son's room nearly all day. Lifting, moving, climbing the stairs from the 2nd floor to the basement countless times.

If you would like a great pizza sauce recipe that is really low in carbs, let me know.. I'll be glad to post it. I probably should post it in the recipe section too.

I need to drink MORE WATER!!! It's 8:15 p.m. and I need to consume at least 30 oz more!! Whaaaaahaaaaaa....

Lisa

CRIS Sun, Feb-24-02 20:34

HI

HI. DEPRESSED ME AGAIN. FINISHED EATING FOR THE DAY.
B-COFFEE W/CREAM
L-CHICKEN /CHEESE
D-2 EGG OMELLETTE W/ CHEESE, SALAD CAULIFLOWER
DESSERT- 3-4 PIECES OF CHOCOLATE. SMALL PIECES.
I COULD HAVE EATEN SO MUCH MORE. BETWEEN THE PMS AND THE DEPRESSION.

AGAIN I COULDN'T GET ALL THE WATER IN.

YES AMYJEAN, I WORKOUT ALMOST EVERYDAY.
WELL I THINK I'LL WEIGH MYSELF TOMORROW FOR THE HELL OF IT. MAYBE I'LL JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW I FEEL IN THE MORNING.

BASpider Sun, Feb-24-02 22:01

Cris

How much weight do you usually gain this time of the month? You haven't gained any, have you? I'd take it as a loss. YEAH YOU!!

CRIS Sun, Feb-24-02 22:14

THANKS BASpider

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS. I APPRECIATE IT. I JUST GET SO DOWN ON MYSELF. I'LL KEEP TRYING. I KEEP HOPING I'LL SEE A BIG DROP OF SAY 3 POUNDS JUST ONCE. IT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER! I WOULD LIKE TO GET INTO THE 130'S AT SOME POINT.
I USED TO MAINTAIN 133. I SHOULD CHANGE MY GOAL WEIGHT TO THAT. AH, WHAT'S 5 POUNDS. FOR ME, PROBABLY 6 MONTHS!
:confused:
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK TO ALL :D

CRIS Sun, Feb-24-02 22:18

AMYJEAN

HEY AMYJEAN, ON PLAN D WHAT DO YOU HAVE? 1 MEAL DURING THE DAY, WITH PROTEIN ONLY? OR VEGGGIES TOO?
AND THEN START THE REWARD MEAL WITH 2 CUPS OF SALAD AND THE HAVE THE 1/3 LC VEGGIES TOO?
I AM FOLLOWING CALP BOOK, BUT I HAD CAD AND LENT IT TO A FRIEND. I THINK I'LL DO PLAN D FOR THIS WEEK. HELP ME OUT.
THANKS!

Gracia_30 Mon, Feb-25-02 05:09

Mind if I join your one week challenge?

Hi,

Would you mind if I joined your one week lose-a-thon? Here's my meals yesterday and I will post them every day:

Yesterday's meals:

BR: 2 pieces of LC bread with pate - 2 Coffees
L: 1 chicken breast
D: 1 piece of steak with spaghetti & mushrooms - 1 piece of cake

*** not as much water as I usually drink. Will try to drink more tomorrow.

amyjeanap Mon, Feb-25-02 07:15

Chris... plan D is 1 protein meal with 5 grams of carbs and a reward meal with 2 cups of salad and a balanced reward meal. Kind of tough but if you are desperate... by the way I have heard more than once that pms and that time of the month throws your body way off and you maintain or even gain weight. Hang in there and you may be surprised at what happens once this time has passed!

Gracia... welcome to our thread!

Icon... I so agree! I like to get different ideas of things that I can eat for the day. I get sick of bologna and like to see what everyone else is eating and if that may sound good!

lcon109 Mon, Feb-25-02 07:17

Josee, the more the merrier!!

Welcome to our little groupette :wave:

This is a very nice gathering of ladies (no men folk, yet).

I'll be back later this evening to post my day's food facts. Off to work!

Lisa

amyjeanap Mon, Feb-25-02 07:21

today... Monday

Kind of feeling down to day. DH was home all day yesterday and he came home with ice cream. It is sitting in the freezer right now... I hate it when I feel bad because let me tell you, I so want to go into that kitchen and eat the whole carton. Send me stay out of the kitchen vibes! Did okay yesterday... I only got in 64 oz of water and I feel so dry today. I hate it when I have dry mouth! I will have to get back on the water wagon today! No exercise but my muscles feel so much better so I am ready to gangbusters today with Tae Bo! Did okay with eating yesterday with the esception of that ice cream. I had two bowls. I know don't all throw things at me at once... ice cream is so yummy! I will try to do better today!

Menu for today:

Breakfast: 2 sausage 1 cup cottage cheese
Lunch: ham and provolone roll ups
Dinner: chicken stir fry
Exercise: Tae Bo
Water: 100 oz

CRIS Mon, Feb-25-02 07:27

THANKS AMYJEAN

HEY AMYJEAN,
WAIT FOR YOUR REWARD MEAL THEN HAVE THE ICECREAM.
YOU GO KICK SOME BUTT WITH BILLY BLANKS AND FORGET ABOUT THE ICECREAM.
I LOVE THAT TAEBO TOO.
I WILL DO PLAN D THIS WEEK AS BEST I CAN. GOING OUT TO EAT WED. NIGHT FOR MOM'S BIRTHDAY. ITALIAN RESTAURANT.
SAT. NITE HAVING A PARTY HERE FOR HER. ALL YUMMY FOODS. I HOPE I CAN STAY GOOD!
I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!