Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   54.5 lbs gone in 3 months (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=275540)

Bobi-p Wed, Nov-30-05 18:23

54.5 lbs gone in 3 months

Monday marked my 3 months of doing Atkins or LC. I'm down 54.5 lbs. and feeling great. I don't have any carb cravings or sugar cravings. I look forward to my desserts of Starbuck's coffee, heavy whipping cream, Splenda, and a variety of Torani 0 Carb, 0 Cal, and 0 sugar syrups. Life is Great! Thanks for all of the support here. Wanted to share my pride in my achievement to all who might be interested.

at_last Wed, Nov-30-05 19:04

ATTAGIRL!!!!!!! YOU just inspired ME!!!!

Dreamy1 Thu, Dec-01-05 00:22

Hey that is so wonderful!!! I bet you must feel good and be several sizes smaller now!!Inspiring to hear of your success and keep up the fantastic work.:)

SeekNfind Thu, Dec-01-05 01:52

Fantastic! Now just put ur head down and keep on going through till goal!

160me Thu, Dec-01-05 07:49

Wow!!! FANTASTIC!!!! You have just inspired me as well !!!! Has it been steady or did you get on a plateau for a bit?

Bobi-p Thu, Dec-01-05 09:15

Actually, it has been quite steady. My longest plateaus were 3 days, nothing to complain about!

missaec Fri, Dec-02-05 01:12

When you're used to losing weight quickly, 3 days can seem like an eternity though! hehe

Bobi-p Fri, Dec-02-05 09:17

Boy, you got that one right!!!

160me Sun, Dec-04-05 01:23

This is actually my second and last time around (I finally got a clue ahem.... and realized that this is not a diet but a way of life. I have also been using weight loss hypnosis with it almost daily. Now that I know I will NEVER go back to eating sugar and unhealthy stuff. I used to also be addicted to the scale but now, I use it about once every two to three days. I don't want to get depressed if my body rests a day or so, whcih it does at times. Anyway, I think its very important to hold the right mental attitude and KNOW you ARE getting there.. only seeing and visualizing yourself as thin and healthy. I try to hold this thought in my mind at all times, and you know, I'm even moving my body a LOT more with the kids! I jump up at down with them (they are 2 and 4) hehe and at 245, I just couldn't bring myself to lift even much of a leg much less actually move my booty! =) hehe!!!

Hugs and have a GREAT day! Meli

Bobi-p Sun, Dec-04-05 10:29

Well, when I get discouraged, I think of what I looked like at 240 and what I look like now and I feel better immediately. I also get a lot of compliments even though I'm still 30 plus over weight. Better than 90, isn't it!?!?!

gweny70 Mon, Jan-16-06 10:38

Simply AMAZING!! CONGRATS! What an inspiration!

Bobi-p Mon, Jan-16-06 18:36

Thank you very much, Gwen...
I'm now only 23.5 lbs above goal and going on five months. I feel great. Thanks for noticing.

Jonahsafta Mon, Jan-16-06 19:10

Bobi-P you are AWESOME!! Congrats..youve done very well!

Niapage Mon, Jan-16-06 20:34

Thats awesome congrats thats what my goal is starting in March after I have my little boy 50 lbs to 60 lbs by july that would be great!! If ya get board and wouldnt mind emailing or posting some of the things you ate and tips to lose 50+ in 3 months that would be awesome! Thanks Niapage

Mrs.Tang Mon, Jan-16-06 20:56

What wonderful news! So inspirational!