Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New to TDC...Introducing myself! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159159)

Msparis Tue, Jan-13-04 10:49

New to TDC...Introducing myself!

Hi all! :wave:

I am new to TDC but not to Atkins by a long shot! I started about 2 1/2 years ago and lost 42 pounds the first time around. Due to stress and life changes, I gained most of it back within 1 year. I re-committed to this WOL last year and have lost 33 pounds (about 10 of which I keep going back and forth on) and I am determined to lose down to 199 (first big mini-goal), next 175, then 145.

I am a single mother of 1 beautiful dd and I take care of my niece. I love this WOE because I can incorporate what I already eat into the plan. I usually have ethnic foods or I try new recipes, other than that I like to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Sweetie!) I probably eat too many franken foods but I still manage to lose weight from them. I don't stall very easily and when I do induction the weight just falls off but I don't tend to stay toward induction levels long, even though I would like to.

I am a frequent poster on another board and had a great challenge group going there but everyone has since gone their own way.

Anywho, that's me so far. I will probably copy and paste this into the first page of my journal so please bear with me.

Thanks for reading!:wiggle: :wave:

Msparis

MisterE Tue, Jan-13-04 11:07

Welcome! Another person who KNOWS this is the best place to find good health and good people!

Heath Tue, Jan-13-04 12:02

Everyone here seems to have some really strong commitments to the board, so I know you'll find a great home here. I'm really excited at the sheer volume I've responses I've received and it's only my second day.

Glad that you have some great lessons under your belt to launch you even higher in your success.

mudknife Tue, Jan-13-04 12:57

Hi Msparis, welcome. You are really doing well so far. Glad you are here with us.

ItaliaGirl Tue, Jan-13-04 13:04

Welcome

Your avatar/picture is fantastic!

xxx

lamom Tue, Jan-13-04 13:33

Welcome! Hope you find support and success!

memaw O5 Tue, Jan-13-04 13:48

Msparis welcome and hope to see you make that 199 real soon. I have been around here sincethe fall but been Low carbing since May. Drop on over to my journal any time you get a notion.

memaw O5 Tue, Jan-13-04 13:50

Msparis welcome :wave: and hope to see you make that 199 real soon. I have been around here since the fall but been Low carbing since May. Drop on over to my journal any time you get a notion. You know as we get older we have a tend to be repeating ourselves Sorry about that but take it as a double invite.

Chantel30 Tue, Jan-13-04 13:52

Welcome Msparis~ we belong to the another thread together.

CaseyZee Tue, Jan-13-04 15:54

Welcome to the TDC Msparis. You'll find all kinds of support and great ideas here.

Bjuba Tue, Jan-13-04 16:48

Welcome Msparis - my next goal is 191 -- lead the way and I will follow!

Msparis Tue, Jan-13-04 18:28

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Off to go look at some journals...

imastar Tue, Jan-13-04 20:52

Hello everyone. I am new to this website. I am hoping the support will assist me in reaching my goal. Any tips on how to stay motivated when there is lot of weight to lose will be appreciated. I am a very slow loser so I am exercising about 1 hour everyday as well.

orchidday Tue, Jan-13-04 20:56

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Welcome to the TDC board msparis! I am sure you will like it over here - it is full of really amazing people that I have been so happy to get to know! We support each other, whine, tell jokes, cry, confess, celebrate and just try to get through each day a little bit easier! Hope to see more of you (woops I mean LESS of you). Orchid

hummelda Tue, Jan-13-04 20:58

Welcome MsParis, I love your motivation!!