Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Crockpot Country Style Ribs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=158084)

Rachelle Thu, Jan-08-04 20:36

Crockpot Country Style Ribs

they are soo good here is the recipe... w/ modifications...

Crockpot Country Style Ribs

• 2 to 3 lb. country style pork ribs, boneless
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 large onion, quartered and sliced 1/4-inch thick
Sauce:

• 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup tomato ketchup ( ATKIN'S Ketchup)
  • 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
  • 3 tbsp. brown sugar ( BROWN SUGAR TWIN)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Dash black pepper
  • 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (didn't have this.. Used White Wine Vinegar)
  • 1 teaspoon celery seed (didn't have this either.. didn't use anything??)
Trim excess fat from ribs. In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil. Cover the country style ribs with sliced onion. In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients; pour evenly over ribs and onions. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Country style ribs recipe serves 4 to 6.

OMG!!! It's just the most tender thing ever...

bigguyjonc Fri, Jan-09-04 19:31

I just made this and it kicked A**!

thanks chelly!

Trainerdan Sun, Feb-29-04 11:52

This recipe is soooooo good! Very tender, delicious and easy to make.

I like anything short, sweet, and tasty. :)

Hilary M Fri, Mar-05-04 16:14

These are great, Rachelle. I make them with the cheapest "Country Style Strips" I can find, but I bet they're even better with the more expensive ribs. I leave the bones on, too...by the time they're cooked, the meat is totally falling off the bones anyhow. The best part is that it makes like 5 meals that I can freeze for my lunches.

FrecklFluf Thu, Mar-11-04 11:56

Ooh, I am definitely making these next time I get country ribs. I buy them because they are really inexpensive and meaty (and my husband is a total pork fiend), but I do get bored with them.

wils Sat, Mar-13-04 08:18

Just made this yesterday, basically the same recipe but it didn't have mustard in it. I think the celery seed really adds a little kick to the flavor and also the cider vinegar, but haven't made it with regular vinegar and no celery salt, so really not sure how much difference it makes. But I agree it is a delicious, easy recipe.

eddiesgirl Fri, Mar-19-04 05:27

Just wondering what the carb count in this recipe is? Probably not much...but just wondered if anyone knew.

Paris Fri, Mar-19-04 09:25

This sounds like a perfect addition to my first picnic of the year menu! :D

Allikins Sun, Mar-21-04 23:13

Made these a while back and they were awesome. Even hubby loved em. I plan to use the same sauce recipe for wings. I used to make a regular wing sauce very similar tasting to this. Should be just as yummy with this LC way.

I have a Potluck coming up at work so maybe I'll try this on some wings then.

Rachelle Mon, Mar-22-04 22:55

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed them... i'm about ready to have them again :D

I'm not sure of the carb count hun... i think it would be very small per serving... depends on what you add...

Allikins Sun, Mar-28-04 23:07

Tried this recipe with wings. Equally as delicious. Just broil the wings till crispy outside. Put in slow cooker and pour sauce mix on top. Only cooked them a couple of hours because broiling them first cooks em and I didn't want them falling apart.

SusanKH Tue, Mar-30-04 08:59

RAchelle
I fixed this last week with some fauxtatoes and cole slaw, and it was wonderful. I love crockpot recipes because it's so nice to come home to a ready to eat meal. Thanks,
Susan

jeanyyy Sat, Apr-10-04 00:23

I made these last week and they were *awesome*. Thank you so much for the recipe! Unfortunately, all I had were boned country style ribs, but the result was excellent!

Oh, I entered the recipe into MasterCook using the Westbrae UnKetchup and got 5 carbs per serving. The post is here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...&postcount=2992

Rachelle Thu, Aug-26-04 10:33

Alright.. i'm gonna bump this up.. as i'm making it this weekend and think i might try the chicken wing's mentioned above.. "country style bbq chicken wings" :lol:

phillygirl Thu, Aug-26-04 10:45

Thnaks for bumping this. It looks awsome. I'm going to make it on Sunday!