Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Creamcheese Pumpkin Rolls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=365277)

IrishShrty Thu, Feb-21-08 21:08

Creamcheese Pumpkin Rolls

Basically what I did here was convert A revolution roll into a yummy sweet treat!

4 eggs seperated (WHITES FROM THE YOLKS IN 2 SEPERATE BOWLS)
2-3 heaping tbs pure pumpkin
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tbs pUmpkin pie spice
12 drops of sweetzfree or equiv sweetner of choice to about 1/4 to 1/2 cup.

Take your egg whites and cream of tartar and mix on high speed with an electric mixer until they are peakable:) about 4-5 minutes.

Mix all of your other ingredients together with your yolks and gently fold them into your egg whites.

Spray a muffin top pan or use a cookie sheet and make six mounds, bake this on 300 at 30 mins.

Maple Cream cheese frosting:
4 oz of cream cheeze
12 drops of sweetzfree
1 tsp maple extract (any flavor of your choice is ok really)
3-4 tsp of heavy cream
Whip this up and spread ontop of a cooled pumpkin roll and enjoy.

BetsyJ64 Fri, Feb-22-08 06:59

Kerry - these sound WONDERFUL!! I am always on the lookout for a new pumpkin recipe - LOVE the stuff!! Def going to try these this weekend! Thanks for posting it!! :wave:

BetsyJ64 Sat, Feb-23-08 16:23

Bumping this up b/c these are FANTASTIC!! Made them today,and not only does it make your kitchen smell great while they are baking, they taste so good!!!! With 4 eggs, this makes 6 huge rolls (I used my muffin top pan). Heck, even the BATTER tasted good!! :lol: I haven't had one with the frosting on it yet, but one straight outta the oven w/butter was yummy. I am thinking these would make great french toast, too. All of you rev rolls enthusiasts....try this one!!!

Thanks again, Kerry - two :thup: :thup: !!!

IrishShrty Tue, Feb-26-08 13:10

I am making more of these today, your right the kitchen smells YUMMY! I love pumkin, funny thing with these the kids usually buck nose at my sweet fake treats...they loved these LOL

rodmick Tue, Feb-26-08 14:29

Sound delicious! I love pumpkin!

ElleH Tue, Feb-26-08 17:55

These do sound yummy!

Betsy, were they not squishy in the middle from being baked 30 minutes? You know how I am with "squishy" rev rolls!!! ;)

BetsyJ64 Tue, Feb-26-08 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH
These do sound yummy!

Betsy, were they not squishy in the middle from being baked 30 minutes? You know how I am with "squishy" rev rolls!!! ;)

:lol: Elle, yep, I know what you mean! And I did bake them for 50 minutes, not the 30!! They were great. I added some butter to the icing to make it more of a buttercream and whipped it A LOT.

IrishShrty Tue, Feb-26-08 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH
These do sound yummy!

Elle I dont like the oopsies because of that squishy middle thingy LOL
After my rev rolls cook I leave them in the hot oven to cool, mine are not squishy.

IrishShrty Wed, Feb-27-08 02:22

I made Peanut butter rev rolls today...OMG YUM
THe texture of this was absolutely awesome!! They didnt go flat like the others do. These were almost like a big fat cookie!!
A little sugar free jelly between 2 of these and you would never miss the peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich!
If I could only get my regular ones to turn out just like these they would be awesome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 eggs seperated (WHITES FROM THE YOLKS IN 2 SEPERATE BOWLS)
2 heaping tbs peanut butter
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp peanut butter extract
12 drops of sweetzfree or equiv sweetner of choice to about 1/4 to 1/2 cup.

Take your egg whites and cream of tartar and mix on high speed with an electric mixer until they are peakable about 3-4 minutes.

Mix all of your other ingredients together with your yolks and gently fold them into your egg whites.

Spray a muffin top pan or use a cookie sheet and make six mounds, bake this on 300 at 30 mins.

ElleH Wed, Feb-27-08 12:09

Thanks! :)

BetsyJ64 Thu, Feb-28-08 09:42

Tried the peanut butter ones last night....OH MY. Another winner, Kerry! I split the recipe 1/2 pumpkin & 1/2 pb. My kitchen was smelling kinda interesting as they both baked! :lol:

ElleH Thu, Feb-28-08 11:44

Ok, now PB sounds GREAT.

BetsyJ64 Fri, Feb-29-08 08:10

Elle - the texture of the peanut butter ones is much more "hearty" than any other rev roll version I have tried - and I am thinking I like this version more than the pumpkin one!! With some sf raspberry jam in the center....wow. I think I am going to try the PB version with some banana extract - love that flavor combination too!! Good thing these freeze well - I have 3 different rev roll flavors in the freezer right now! :lol:

IrishShrty Fri, Feb-29-08 08:15

Ok Betsy, how the heck can we get those other ones hearty like that????? Them PB are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I love the thickness of them!!
Maybe if we add almond flour to the plain ones? Whatcha think???
My plain rolls I put bacon bits ontop of, but the darn things go flat! So do pumpkin.....but man oh man if I can get them like the PB ones wowsa!!!

BetsyJ64 Fri, Feb-29-08 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishShrty
Ok Betsy, how the heck can we get those other ones hearty like that????? Them PB are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I love the thickness of them!!
Maybe if we add almond flour to the plain ones? Whatcha think???
My plain rolls I put bacon bits ontop of, but the darn things go flat! So do pumpkin.....but man oh man if I can get them like the PB ones wowsa!!!

Kerry - almond flour is a good idea! I have heard of people using a TBS. of flax in a plain roll, too. And my personal favorite, coconut flour, at least for the sweet versions! :lol: Hey, by the way - my pumpkin ones stayed nice and high - didn't flatten out like regular revs do....but man oh man, those PB ones....you got a winner there! :D What I've been doing w/the muffin top pan is making a thick round "base" first, and then piling the batter on top. Seems to keep them relatively high, anyway!