Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Cookies - Peanut Butter Cookies (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47785)

Candiflip Sun, Jun-16-02 23:58

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Attachment(s)
I found a recipe on a Low carb board & just messed around with it a bit.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 large Egg
1/2 tea. Vanilla extract
1/2 C. Splenda
1/2 C. Brown Sugar Twin
1 C. Peanut Butter (Sugar & Salt free, I found that Kraft's has the lowest carb count)
1 tea. B.S.
Dash of Salt

Preheat over to 350 degrees.

Beat egg in bowl with fork. Add Vanilla extract then Splenda & Brown Sugar Twin. Add Peanut butter & mix till well combined. Lastly add B.S. & Salt.

Divide dough into 36 little balls and put on a lightly buttered Parchment lined Cookie sheet. Press down on cookies to make a criss cross pattern.

Bake for 8-10 Minutes.

Let cool on baking sheet till cool.

~~These cookes come out just sweet enough that you do not need more than 2-3 at a time~~

Nutritional Information for 1 Cookie

65 Calories
3.63 Grams Fat
1.47 Grams Carbohydrates
1.72 Grams Protein

Karla Mon, Jun-17-02 08:51

Candiflip,

Those sound and look very good! Peanut butter cookies have always been one of my favorites.

Thanks for posting the recipe; I'll have to try them this week.

Karla

Candiflip Mon, Jun-17-02 12:17

Thank you. I would just like to tell you if cooked right they come out very soft & delicate. Make sure you do not over cook. ;)

Candice

VictoriaT Mon, Jun-17-02 13:22

Thanks so much for the recipe. :hyper:

I think I am going to cut out a pic of those cookies and post it on my desk at work so I feel like Im not NOT eating these types of things :eek:

Have a great day!

Candiflip Mon, Jun-17-02 13:53

*laughing* :roll: That is pretty funny.

Candice

KaraKasara Tue, Jun-18-02 14:04

B.S.??

This recipe sounds great, but I'm confused...

What is 1 tsp B.S.?

The only B.S. I can think of probably shouldn't be written on the board unless I want to get kicked off it. :p

Thanks,

Kara

Candiflip Tue, Jun-18-02 14:10

*laughing* :roll: B.S. is short for Baking Soda

Candice

erina Wed, Jul-31-02 10:29

Thank you for this recipe. I have been looking for a cookie that actually looked like a cookie, and didn't fall apart before I could eat it. These were great.

Candiflip Wed, Jul-31-02 13:48

I'm glad you enjoyed them :D

Candice

Azure Thu, Aug-01-02 22:30

yum

I made these last night. They are to die for. I love peanut butter cookies. Tonight, I'm making another batch. NO! I did not eat them all by myself. :) My 3 roommates helped. With tonight's batch, I'm adding a tbsp of baking cocoa. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Azure Fri, Aug-02-02 20:31

The chocolate peanut butter cookies were FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us.

Candiflip Fri, Aug-02-02 21:10

I'll have to try adding the cocoa....Only keeping a few out & feezing the rest though. Don't want to be tempted to bad :p

Candice

Azure Sat, Aug-03-02 23:33

Have I mentioned how much I love this recipe? Just made my 3rd batch, this time with crunchy peanut butter. Very yummy!

DK141612 Sun, Aug-04-02 09:00

Where can I find brown sugar twin and the sugar and salt free peanut butte? my local grocery store doesn't sell either.

Candiflip Sun, Aug-04-02 11:34

you are funny Azure. I like them alot too but I don't like to make them all that much cuz then I want to eat them all *laughing*. Last time I made them I didn't want to let my husband eat any cuz once he starts eating them he can't stop. He ate most of the first batch(he doesn't LC).

DK141612, Where are you located?

Candice