Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   The Exercise Past the Garden Gate (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=450455)

mviesprite Wed, Mar-06-13 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalmon
Lovely pictures...I love the flowers coming out! I have sunshine, warmer weather and lots of fresh powder snow!

Oh nice! I miss snowfall. We only get it occasionally here - up the freeway is a different story... I bet its pretty.

mviesprite Wed, Mar-06-13 21:21

Wed Mar 6

I did walk today at lunch - windy and cloudy (loved it). I am out of time this evening so will post pics later. It was a 20 min walk and I'm dancing right now for another 10! ** Ok, again, had so much fun I danced for 20 min.
This is my favorite Backstreet Boys song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jkH7An7dKk

**OK here are the pics.
Water pouring from somewhere and splashing thru the fence at my feet...
[IMG][/IMG]
Cherry blossoms by the gate...
[IMG][/IMG]
Grow where you can!
[IMG][/IMG]
Big ball of mistletoe...
[IMG][/IMG]
A rosehip next to a warehouse.
[IMG][/IMG]

mviesprite Thu, Mar-07-13 20:14

Thur Mar 7

Work is tedious so when it's cloudy and cool I can't wait to get out and walk at lunch. I did 20 min today - explored a parking lot I hadn't been entirely around.
When I got home I changed immediately into my work out stuff and closed up the blinds and put my Pandora on right away. Aimed for 10 min, danced for 20. Really have fun with this.
Pics to follow - I have things to accomplish tonight so limiting computer time.

Destiny's Child - Bootylicious
**And pics: Several didn't turn out today so here is a pic of the daily turkey parade up the driveway before I headed to work....[IMG][/IMG]
Waterhole from the POV walking around the parking lot...
[IMG][/IMG]
Cows! A lot of them in this area...
[IMG][/IMG]
Close-up of wildflowers...
[IMG][/IMG]
And a nest!
[IMG][/IMG]

Aradasky Thu, Mar-07-13 20:24

Dancin' the time away! Great that you are taking advantage of your lunch time for walking! Music is such a motivator. I love to listen to it as I exercise.

mviesprite Fri, Mar-08-13 00:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradasky
Dancin' the time away! Great that you are taking advantage of your lunch time for walking! Music is such a motivator. I love to listen to it as I exercise.

The weather has been good - Mostly cloudy! So its been good. The dancing is so fun when I get home. It shakes off more than lbs...great therapy!

mviesprite Fri, Mar-08-13 20:54

Fri Mar 8

I am taking a break today. Still fighting off something...very tired today and throat weird.
I made my 2 Hr a week exercise challenge goal:

Wk of Mar 2-9 Sun – Sat
Sun Mar 3 – 45 min walk
Mon Mar 4 – 30 min dance
Tues Mar 5 – 30 min walk
Wed Mar 6 – 20 min walk, 20 min dance
Thur Mar 7 – 20 min walk, 20 min dance
Fri Mar 8 – break
Sat Mar 9 – **updated 20 min walk, 15 min dance

vsalmon Sat, Mar-09-13 01:14

Good for you on the exercise and making goal...also on eating clean challenge. Your pictures are great! You are motivating me to post more pictures. Very nice.

mviesprite Sat, Mar-09-13 16:05

Thanks Vicki! Pictures are fun. I am very visual so it helps me stay interested too. Love your ski bunny pic!

mviesprite Sat, Mar-09-13 16:56

Sat Mar 9

Errands today in a nearby old Gold Rush town. I parked at the far end of the main street because my destination was at the other end and I got in a 20 min walk there. Pics are mainly of the old building which is now a coffee house built in front of an idle gold mine shaft (on purpose) for a business in 1859.
Here is the building - the original bldgs burned in a fire that destroyed most of the town in the 1850s...
[IMG][/IMG]
There are chairs and tables back into the shaft "rooms" w/dirt floors. You can see the wooden walkway along the corridor...
[IMG][/IMG]
Beyond the point you're allowed to go - further down into the shaft/hillside...
[IMG][/IMG]
Upstairs in what I am calling a small ballroom...
[IMG][/IMG]
A pretty tree in bloom in the parking lot I started from.
[IMG][/IMG]

**And 15 min of dance tonight because its fun...

ringamajig Sat, Mar-09-13 17:04

Hi Kat.

Did you pass Tortilla Flats? I love that place. Those flour tortilla's with melted cheese. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Not good for me now though. :D

mviesprite Sat, Mar-09-13 17:09

Hi Rox! Yes I did - when I worked a temp job at an OB-GYN down here we would walk over there for lunch! But, like you, nowadays best not to go in....
I figured you knew where this was :)

mviesprite Sun, Mar-10-13 21:10

Sun Mar 10

40 min dancing tonight. I've decided this is the best therapy.

Shakira - Hips Don't Lie

vsalmon Sun, Mar-10-13 23:20

Be careful on those back roads! Good for you on exercise though, Kat!

mviesprite Mon, Mar-11-13 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalmon
Be careful on those back roads! Good for you on exercise though, Kat!

Thanks Vicki - I will. I like the dancing - I can do it after work right away - don't have to dodge sun/people/cars/kids (i.e. screaming kids)!

mviesprite Mon, Mar-11-13 20:07

Mon Mar 11

Danced for 30 min. When I have a song that isn't really pop/club/rock music I just shake it and do some aerobics stuff :yay: