Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   fresca??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=370162)

drkismet Wed, Apr-09-08 03:53

fresca???

anyone here drink fresca?? i love the stuff, and was looking at a bottle the other day, and it says it has no calories, sugar, and carbs.... thoughts???

Gidget1007 Wed, Apr-09-08 08:23

I love Fresca too! I didn't know that it was sugar free though, so thought I couldn't have it anymore. I just went to their website and looked at the nutritional information though and, sure enough, no carbs!

If you read down on the list of ingredients, you see that they use aspertame.

So....go for it! Keep in mind aspertame does stall some people though.

Now&later Wed, Apr-09-08 09:33

woo I love my fresca
yummo

drkismet Wed, Apr-09-08 20:03

I am so excited right now!!!!!! I have not had fresca in forever!!!!! just wait until tomorrow!!!! COME ON FRESCA!!!!!! :lol:

daedreamer Thu, Apr-10-08 16:53

I love Fresca, I wish it was made with Splenda instead of Aspartame but it sure beats sugar!!!! :D

Sandollar Thu, Apr-10-08 17:03

Fresca is delicious. I like the cherry one too!!

drkismet Fri, Apr-11-08 02:55

Cherry Fresca????? I want some!!! I want some!!! I have not seen that around before. Where do you find it??

Sandollar Fri, Apr-11-08 09:16

Ummm....maybe just Canada???

I think it was a special promotional thing. I'll have to look for it again since I've been living on Diet Rite these days!!:)

LessLiz Fri, Apr-11-08 09:35

There is cherry and peach Fresca in the US.

lowjax Fri, Apr-11-08 10:13

I used to drink Fresca, but really haven't drank much soda (or pop) in the last 3 years. It didn't help with weight loss at all. I'm guessing that I averaged about one can of soda a month before LCing. I haven't had one in over two months and don't even miss it.

Baerdric Fri, Apr-11-08 10:23

Fresca is good, but I have been drinking a seltzer water with splenda that I like and now I can't remember the name exactly but it might be "waist watchers".

Aspartane gives me a headache.

Suzee Q Fri, Apr-11-08 21:22

OMG....I didn't know they still made Fresca. I used to love it, but find now that any kind of fizzy drink stalls me.....so :>(

LessLiz Fri, Apr-11-08 22:35

Wanted to mention here that Fresca in the US has *only* been sweetened with artificial sweeteners. First cyclamates, then saccharine, now aspartame. However, when we went to Mexico in January I discovered that Fresca there is sweetened with sugar. I took a sip and about died it was so awful.

drkismet Sat, Apr-12-08 02:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee Q
OMG....I didn't know they still made Fresca. I used to love it, but find now that any kind of fizzy drink stalls me.....so :>(

Maybe thats why all of my friends have no idea what it is, and all of their parents call me a hippie child... ha ha ha... i personally love the stuff!!!!!Now i want cherry fresca... i am on the hunt for it. :lol:

tashaskye Sun, Apr-13-08 11:14

Anybody have other diet sodas they love? I bought the Raspberry Diet Rite since it was sweetened with Splenda... and it's awful! It tasted like Kool Aid, but somehow it was too sweet, too sour, and tasted like fakey sweetener all at the same time!