Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New Here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=337802)

1fatmomma Sun, Jun-10-07 12:30

New Here

Hi. My name is Gwen and I weigh 250 pounds, I am 39 and mom to three teens, full time college student and need to loose weight, read my journal to see my wakeup call. Glad to be a part of this forum and this is day one of the rest of my life! My goal weight is 120 Pounds

Gwen

kathleen24 Sun, Jun-10-07 12:42

Hello Gwen,

beautiful name!

You sound like a success story in the making to me. "I"m proud ta meetcha," as they say down yonder.

Welcome to our weird and wonderful world.

greenshamr Sun, Jun-10-07 12:45

Welcome Gwen...we're glad to have you! Stop by my journal anytime to say hi!

BayouBecky Sun, Jun-10-07 13:09

Hi Gwen! Glad you made it on over here! Check by my journal too if you'd like! :)

RoughDraft Sun, Jun-10-07 13:22

Hi Gwen, Welcome. I'm a newbie too. I'm doing a 3-5 day Meat & Egg Challenge to see how much I can lose. You're more than welcome to join in. The thread is at Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges. I've been spending time browsing and there's also an exercise challenge going on by T Man.

katwoman Sun, Jun-10-07 14:29

Hi Gwen, glad to meet you and glad you're still sane with 3 teens in the house. There's always a silver lining, eh?

I'll pop over to your journal as well.

ndurance1 Sun, Jun-10-07 20:09

Welcome! Wishing you much success and fun on your low carb journey!! You are among lots of low carb friends who are cheering you on to success!!!

diemde Sun, Jun-10-07 20:19

Welcome to the forums and the TDC! :wave: I can't imagine having 3 teens in the house at the same time. You must be a saint!

Good luck in your journey!

amy411 Sun, Jun-10-07 21:59

welcome ! great place, with great people !

bob2112 Mon, Jun-11-07 04:42

Welcome to the TDC. Let us know if we can be of any help. Best wishes on your journey.

callmedoc Mon, Jun-11-07 08:01

Welcome aboard!!!

MNLisa B Mon, Jun-11-07 11:17

May you never be bored or deprived

Best wishes as you start your journey. There is an old Chinese saying that goes something like this: May you never be bored.

You never will, if you do this Way of Eating properly; the possibilities are endless and unpredicatable. For example, it is possible to turn friom a sluggish couch potato (me!!) to someone who looks forward to exercise. Who would have thunk it??

It is possible to make gourmet appetizers, dinners and desserts to rival any found in fine restaurants. :yum: You never need feel deprived, what's that worth?

Will it take 6 months, 9 months, 2 years- it's up to you, your mileage will vary, but you have taken the all important first step. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

erinleigh Mon, Jun-11-07 11:35

Welcome to the forum! You will def. find the motivation and support you need!

I am excited for this journey of yours!!!!

Have a great Crave Free Day!!!

Erin

Klucas Mon, Jun-11-07 20:07

Hi! Nice to meet you. You'll love it here. I always find constant motivation here. Good luck with your journey.

TX_Bayou Mon, Jun-11-07 20:10

Welcome Gwen. There is wonderful, kind support here. I hope you feel totally at home!