Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   any fibros out there on a low carb diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=293387)

michiepez Wed, Aug-23-06 16:38

Thank you Bump, I will check it out! Have a nice day!

Kandra Fri, Mar-09-07 10:18

Quote:
does a No!! suger,wheat,rice,softdrink,carbs,dairyetc make ur fibro go into REMISSION

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Nancy LC Fri, Mar-09-07 10:55

My fibro was really ankylosing spondylitis which was probably caused by my leaky gut which was probably caused by wheat and dairy products. I've eliminated those, take Vit. D3 supplements, and 1.5 years later I'm getting much, much closer to pain free.

I suspect that a lot of the reason low carb works is because people tend to eliminate some of the foods that cause their leaky gut.

Kandra Fri, Mar-09-07 11:13

I have food allergies and from what I've read when researching that problem I would agree with you. It seems that a number of docs and researchers say the same.

Kandra Fri, Mar-09-07 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
My fibro was really ankylosing spondylitis which was probably caused by my leaky gut which was probably caused by wheat and dairy products. I've eliminated those, take Vit. D3 supplements, and 1.5 years later I'm getting much, much closer to pain free.

I suspect that a lot of the reason low carb works is because people tend to eliminate some of the foods that cause their leaky gut.

Hi Nancy,
I hope that you continue to heal the Ankylosing Spondyltis. I'm really glad that you've found things that help you to be nearly pain free. :agree: :thup: :D

Cissie_12 Fri, Mar-09-07 11:23

On the poll I wanted to check the "completely pain free" since I know that does come in time but for now I checked the 50% since that is where I am currently at...

You found me!!! lol For me when I was on LC a couple years ago I was shocked cause ALL my fibro. symptoms left me. I was so energetic that I actually was down in the floor doing flips like a kid! I'm serious... Not bad considering only 2 years prior I was pretty much bedfast. I kept wondering what was going on and finally I came to realize on my own that it had to be getting off the carbs that was making such a difference! I stayed on LC five months and ended up backsliding when my dh came home. He's military so my goal was to surprise him by loosing weight which I did big time! I dropped 65 lbs. in right at 4 months and looked like I had lost more. Talk about feeling good about myself! I'm in my 40's and even years seemed to peel off my face. Guess I got to confident and forgot just how bad the fibro. could be... Main thing is I'm back on LC now and plan to stay. Five weeks in and yes I've already starting to see the fibro. symptoms fade but not quite completely yet. Main pains I'm having these days is shoulder, neck, lower back and chest/rib pains but hopefully that too will cease once I'm off the carbs a bit longer. Lately I've noticed that the chest pains do seem to be easing off. Thank God! Those really scare me esp. with my family history. My chol. runs highs and that was what kept me from going back on LC for quite a while but then I realized the weight I was carrying wasn't helping matters so decided I had to do something!

Sorry so long, just nice to share with some others who can relate. I pray all of you see wonderful results very soon!

Hugs,

Cissie

PS I'm also wondering if perhaps celiac disease goes hand in hand with fibro. or one of them mimics the other cause being off the "NO" foods that you are to avoid with celiac seems to go along with LC. But I'm not willing to go off LC to be tested just to find out!

Kandra Fri, Mar-09-07 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissie_12
You found me!!! lol For me when I was on LC a couple years ago I was shocked cause ALL my fibro. symptoms left me.

:wave: :D A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thup: :agree:

Cissie that is so fantastic. I'm glad that you're getting back to LC'ing as a WOL

I've been reading so many posts here, but really appreciate the ones from people like you who I can relate to. You really encourge me. Thanks.

Cissie_12 Fri, Mar-09-07 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandra
:wave: :D A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thup: :agree:

Cissie that is so fantastic. I'm glad that you're getting back to LC'ing as a WOL

I've been reading so many posts here, but really appreciate the ones from people like you who I can relate to. You really encourge me. Thanks.

You are more than welcome Kandra. Perhaps we can all pull together and help one another out of this tormenting nightmare. Any improvement is a milestone when fibro. has gripped you to the point you aren't even able to enjoy living... Been there as many of you have and possibly still are. I pray all find their own pathway to freedom of pain as they learn what foods trigger it!

For those of you who haven't seen any improvements yet, don't give up! I'm so convienced that diet plays a huge part in this illness.

Cissie

Rolondia Sat, Apr-14-07 00:05

So I'm not the only one that keeps falling off. Hrm, blaming the hubby.. I like that idea! ;)

I was going to avoid LC like the plague and only help my husband loose the weight he desperatly needed to loose because I don't NEED to loose weight, toning up would be good enough for me, but then I found out about my Fibro, and how LC helps fibro.

So we started on LC and was doing pretty good there for a while. I had hardly any pain or got sick at all, the depression went away and I was able to sleep. Then stress and finances got in the way and we fell off the wagon. Now I am in A LOT of pain on a daily basis, not to mention the fatigue, stress and everything else that comes with fibro. So I've decided to come back onto the wagon and this time stay on it. Hopefully I should start seeing the results soon, I'm tired of being in pain and always tired. :D

lisabinil Sat, Apr-14-07 19:59

I have been on SBD since 3/5 and this has been the only thing to stop my diahrhea predominant IBS due to Fibro. I have been on every med known to man for diahhrea and for the first time in a year I am having normal bowel movements. Since Dec I have also restarted my vitamin regimen with products from ProHealth. Check out their website great vitamins and supplements-the originator himself has CFS.

Kaspof Sat, Apr-14-07 23:06

For those who have fibro, don't forget to check the following thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...49&page=1&pp=15

and enjoy :)

ruthla Tue, Jul-10-07 13:41

I had a complete remission from symptoms when I was about 2 weeks into LC, but now I'm in another flare. I don't know if it's from the diet coke I had on Sunday, or just overdoing things the last few days, or if it's just another random flare following another random remission. All I know is that I feel horrible right now and I don't know how to fix it.

bump Tue, Jul-10-07 15:10

ruthla

For fibro.....type into google....candida and read all you can on it. I believe candida and fibro are one in the same...
On low carb you should try to cut out fermented foods and anything moldy (mushrooms, aged cheese, etc.) Please let me know what you think after reading about candida as I am 99% cured of fibro!

kiva1 Wed, Sep-26-07 12:05

I would like to know who at there has fibro and insulin resistance with reactive hypoglycemia?

Gogeyi Tue, Oct-02-07 12:43

I do Kiva1. I do for sure.

Could someone please tell me 'bout leaky gut? I saw that on this thread.

Thanks.
Gogeyi