Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   If you're new... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=319655)

Judynyc Mon, Mar-10-08 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcrogan
What a great site!!! I jsut started Atkins again after a five year vacation from sensible eating. I have 100+ to lose thanks to bad eating habits and a couple of babies. The first time on Atkins I lost 70 pounds in nothing flat. This time I have been on it for a week and have lost nothing. So I dusted off my book and started re-reading it. One thing I know for sure is that I am not eating enough vegis. I am drinking plenty of water, eating meats and chesses basically. Is there anything else I could be missing and not doing? Thanks in advance.

Yes..up your veggies....steer clear of processed meats, too high in salt....keep your cheese to a maximum of 4 ozs per day. :agree:
I keep my cheese to a max of 2 ozs per day. Atkins sets 4 ozs as the limit.

Welcome~!! :wave:

sjcrogan Wed, Mar-12-08 10:03

Thanks for the advice I did lose 2 pounds in the last couple of days. I upped my vegie intake and still continuing with my weight training. Now that it is finally warmimg I can begin walking.

oldasamule Sun, Mar-23-08 14:26

Hi! I am new to this site and boy oh girl do I have enough weight to lose. I have 100 pounds and I am starting the Atkins tomorrow. I need somewhere to talk, get advice, etc. I have a question already so if anyone can help it would be appreciated--how does a person figure out net carbs?

Vince3325 Wed, Apr-02-08 18:46

Hey I didnt read your post. But you seem like a nice guy. Thanks for helping people out!

Ann921 Sun, Apr-13-08 15:22

This support online is great for all of us.

SissyPoo Sat, May-17-08 15:27

I am new here starting today. Is there any suggestions you have to help me out here?
I need to know what to eat here and how many carbs a day am I suppose to eat.

I need to lose over 100 lbs. here, now I know that is terrible to ever get that big in the first place but I did and now I have to lose it.

JulieBlake Tue, May-27-08 02:01

Thanks for your encouraging words!!! I am back after 3 yrs...gained my original weight back...woe is me...due to illness mostly...I have diabetes and that don't help!!! Carbs,sugs,and salt being my nemisis...as with most people I think. So I will continue to check out this site...looing for the good advice. I don't cook for myself anymore which makes it more difficult. I have people cooking for me and my fresh choices are limited. Meats are not grilled...I will have to work around this...again thanks and good luck...God Bless!!! Julie from Co

chubbybunz Wed, May-28-08 14:39

I'm a newbie and hope to stick out for the long haul. Your words were very helpful and informative. Thanks! :thup:

JulieBlake Thu, May-29-08 23:03

Best of Luck!!! Continued success!!! God Bless!!! Hugs! Julie from Co

SissyPoo Sun, Jun-08-08 14:58

I am back. Had to buy an new computer and just getting it all set up. The lightningt fried my other one.
But I am back now.
So far i am doing ok with my eating and am down a few more pounds. Got weighed in last week at the doctors.

snowgirl73 Sun, Jun-08-08 18:04

Sissypoo, I hope you bought a good surge protector for your new computer! :)

SissyPoo Mon, Jun-09-08 13:46

I did get a new power surge and bigger one to at that.
This time to I am putting everything on a back-up disc so it won't get lost. I had to go reput everything I had back in my computer manually and it took forever it seemed.

Ann921 Wed, Jul-02-08 16:58

Good place for support..thanks

SissyPoo Thu, Jul-03-08 16:03

how is everyone doing today?
Have a fun 4th. Of July.

mrschmelz Sun, Jul-13-08 19:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyPoo
I am new here starting today. Is there any suggestions you have to help me out here?
I need to know what to eat here and how many carbs a day am I suppose to eat.

I need to lose over 100 lbs. here, now I know that is terrible to ever get that big in the first place but I did and now I have to lose it.

I just wanted to say, I doubt you will find anybody here judging you for needing to lose over 100 lbs. That is why we are all here, because of our need to lose a substantial amount :wave:

Good luck!