Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Maintaining ?? Help (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=430167)

the_gould Thu, Jun-30-11 04:40

Maintaining ?? Help

Hi there

I am 14 St 12 lbs and almost 15 - 30 lbs of that is excess skin weight which I am having removed. Should I be in maintenance ? What's the basics of maintaining ? Should I now drop my fat and protein amounts ?

Judynyc Thu, Jun-30-11 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gould
Hi there

I am 14 St 12 lbs and almost 15 - 30 lbs of that is excess skin weight which I am having removed. Should I be in maintenance ? What's the basics of maintaining ? Should I now drop my fat and protein amounts ?

Your profile says that you've read the Atkins book? If so, please re-read the chapters on pre-maintenance and maintenance. :idea:

Didn't I just go through this with you the other day? :wave:

the_gould Thu, Jun-30-11 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Your profile says that you've read the Atkins book? If so, please re-read the chapters on pre-maintenance and maintenance. :idea:

Didn't I just go through this with you the other day? :wave:

Hi there

Don't know why this was posted. I already posted something similar. Must have been delay in phone

Thanks for replying :-). I am going to move to maintenance but need to find my carb limit. Any tip s ?

Demi Fri, Jul-01-11 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gould
I am going to move to maintenance but need to find my carb limit. Any tip s ?
If you're following the Atkins plan, you need to work your way up the carb ladder in order to find your own limit. During OWL (Ongoing Weight Loss) you should have been increasing your carb limit by 5g per week until you found your CCLL (Critical Carbohydrate Level for Losing). During Pre-Maintenance you add in 10g a week to find your CCLM (Critical Carbohydrate Level for Maintenance).

As Judy has already said, you really should re-read the chapters on pre-maintenance and maintenance. It will tell you exactly how to starting add those carbs back in and the type of carbs you should be adding back in.

the_gould Fri, Jul-01-11 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
If you're following the Atkins plan, you need to work your way up the carb ladder in order to find your own limit. During OWL (Ongoing Weight Loss) you should have been increasing your carb limit by 5g per week until you found your CCLL (Critical Carbohydrate Level for Losing). During Pre-Maintenance you add in 10g a week to find your CCLM (Critical Carbohydrate Level for Maintenance).

As Judy has already said, you really should re-read the chapters on pre-maintenance and maintenance. It will tell you exactly how to starting add those carbs back in and the type of carbs you should be adding back in.

I will need to buy a new one I can not find it. Maybe try downloading it. Would be good Togo over it again. But until then I will stick to loosing for now. Will help me with last 12 lbs then start owl pre and also maintaining at stages

the_gould Fri, Jul-01-11 13:56

just reading over it now- i did not realise that you can stay in induction for up to 6 months safely - thats quite good. it really does make for good reading and it all makes sense