Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Janeane's Exercise Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29139)

skimom Sat, Jan-05-02 15:05

Janeane's Exercise Log

1/5/02
2 miles walking / 30 min. floor exercises

Knee is still giving me fits, stretching out prior to workout helps. But need to make sure I don't stretch too much. :wave:

fern2340 Sun, Jan-06-02 10:09

Hey there!

Welcome to the gym logs section of the forum. I look forward to reading your exercise progress!

Linda

skimom Sun, Jan-06-02 22:30

1-06-02 Sunday

6" new snow last night and decided to go skiing, got up early in the am and headed for the mountain. After 1 run it began to rain, and the fresh powder turned to concrete.

I'm counting this as 30 minutes of serious aerobic exercise.

Thinking about adding a 'Bowflex' to build the leg/knee up.

skimom Mon, Jan-07-02 23:15

1/7/02 Monday

Up 2 pounds on the scale... v*e*r*y depressing.
walked 2.25 miles this am on the treadmill
did 25 min floor exercise :bash:

skimom Mon, Jan-14-02 10:24

1/14/02 Sunday

I seem to have lost several postings... or maybe I just thought I had posted and had'nt :eek:

Sunday;
15 min floor exercise, saw the sun come up and it was clear, hopped in the car and went skiing.
4 hours of great aerobic exercise :wave:

skimom Mon, Jan-14-02 10:26

1/14/02 Monday

30 min floor exercise / arm weights
2 miles on treadmill.

My knee feels better this am, than it has in the past 2 months. Even with the hard skiing yesterday. Could it be that it's getting stronger, duh :daze:

Goal for Mon night; 2 miles on treadmill before bed. :eek:

skimom Wed, Jan-16-02 20:28

1/15/02 Tuesday & 1/16/02 Wednesday

1/15/02
2 miles treadmill
30 min floor exercise & handweights

1/16/02
none

skimom Fri, Jan-18-02 00:02

1/17/02 Thursday

Just a tad bit disappointed this am when I got on the scale, had not lost a pound.

Need to increase carbs/fat/calories? I know that inches have come off, clothes are more comfy, and looser. Thats a plus, it's just that darn ole' scale phobia that gets me every time.

Exercise:
2 miles treadmill
25 min floor exercise & weights

Goal for Friday
2.5 miles treadmill
25 min floor & weights

It's a way of life, not a diet, it's a way of life, not a diet, it's a way of life not a diet...............

skimom Mon, Jan-21-02 23:14

1/18 Friday - 1/21 Monday

Friday:
2.5 miles treadmill
30 min floor and handweights

Sat:
none

Sunday:
2.25 miles treadmill
30 min floor and handweights

Monday:
3.5 hours skiing
15 min handweights

Goals Tuesday:
2.25 miles treadmill
handweights and floor exercise in am AND PM
:wave: :wave:

skimom Wed, Jan-23-02 22:08

1/23/02 Wednesday

20 min floor exercise / weights
skied 2.5 hours

skimom Tue, Jan-29-02 00:02

1/24/02 Thursday - 1.28/02 Monday

OK first off I lost 6 wonderful, glorious pounds YIPPEE :daze: :daze: :daze: I'm just so darned happy about it, amazing how much gratification the scale gives, and then on the other hand, how often I want to chuck it into the snow.

Exercise:
1/24 Thursday 2.5 miles treadmill, 20 min floor exercise

1/25 Friday ski 4 hours

1/26 Saturday none

1/27 Sunday ski 3 hours

1/28 Monday ; began BFL program 20 min treadmill
1 level 2 min each up to level 8 for 20 min.
What an intense workout, had not huffed and puffed that hard since I got the treadmill. :p

looking forward to tomorrows workout UBWO

Ruth Tue, Jan-29-02 21:55

Woooohoooooo!!!

Janeane,

WTG girL!!!

Have you savoured the sweet feeling of being a loser all day???!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so glad you saw a change on the scale b4 beginning BFL - it'll keep you motivated when the scale refuses to move as you build more muscle. (You know it's true, the 4 wk mark is what we have to focus on). I'm on wk 3 so I'm hangin in for 2 more wks before I will consider tossing the scale. ;)

skimom Wed, Jan-30-02 09:55

1/29/02 Tuesday & 1/30 Wednesday

Thanks Ruth for your continued mentorship, I am learning so much by your experience and advice ... makes the go easier.

BFL Day 2 (Tuesday)
LBWO.... started with 5#/ 7.5#/ 10#/ 12.5# did not reach 10's, and will increase to 7.5 beginning weight on Thursday.

BFL Day 3 (Wednesday)
I'm loving the treadmill worked up to 3.6mph / 10 incline for the last 2 min. Yikes, I could see the fat dripping on the pad as I got off!!!!

Looking forward to Thursday, hopefully my boys will finish putting the incline bench together this evening.

Ruth Wed, Jan-30-02 19:07

Re: 1/29/02 Tuesday & 1/30 Wednesday

Quote:
Originally posted by skimom
BFL Day 3 (Wednesday)
I'm loving the treadmill worked up to 3.6mph / 10 incline for the last 2 min. Yikes, I could see the fat dripping on the pad as I got off!!!!

Janeane,

couldn't help but sit here LOL about the dripping fat....such a picture in my mind. I'm in awe that you can have a 10 incline at that speed :eek: :thup: :eek: . Soon your DH will be asking who the thin woman is in his bed??!!??

I'm still amazed that I can jog on the treadmill. BFL has already helped me see my potential is far greater than I ever thought I could reach for (have I mixed too many metaphors or somthin'??)
I know from your journal you are surprised how interval training really pushes you to a better harder workout.

Looking forward to more reports ;)

skimom Thu, Jan-31-02 12:35

In my dreams

Ruth, I would love to jog.... but that only occurs in my dreams. Something would certainly shake loose (in the body or home) if I were to attemp the jogging thing. :eek:

BFL Day 3
UBWO - reached 10's accross the board.

Am anxious to head to town to load up on protein shakes and 'stuff'. Can't wait to get on the treadmill in the AM... will try for the 5:30 wakeup, you and Nat are an inspiration. :p