Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Where do you shop (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=130968)

lburnikell Sat, Aug-16-03 15:34

Where do you shop

The reason I am asking this is I want to hit supermarkets with figures telling them just from a small poll, on a low carb web site there are X amount of people who would buy l-carb products from their store, and thats not including the others of thousands who do l-carb, and who are looking to low carb. I want supermarkets to take us seriously and may even try to get a petition going that can be signed via the internet (not quite sure how to do it as yet but hopefully will find out soon!!) (Kelly UK thats your Q!!!)

Hope I have listed them all if not just mark other and tell me where you buy your shopping via a reply

Ebbie.B Sat, Aug-16-03 17:03

I thought about one of those web petitions for stevia, like someone has for liquid splenda, haven't got a clue how though lol

I clicked sainsbury's but i am a very fussy shopper and go to different stores for different things. I suppose i go to sainsbury's the most as this is where i get my fruit and veg from but i also visit regulary Asda and as my kids call it scumafield.

Though if any supermarket stocked LC products i would travel there! Just wouldn't get frozen food lol

tholian8 Sat, Aug-16-03 17:05

Waitrose

I mainly shop at Waitrose because there's one very close to my house, and also this Waitrose happens to have better produce than the other local supermarkets. Next would be Sainsbury's, because we get their Bulgarian Cabernet Sauvignon in the box. It's decent and cheap, and when I'm there for wine I usually buy some food too.

We travel a lot and do end up buying food at most of the UK chains over a six-month period. But I would have to say that Waitrose is our "home" shop.

Emily

Ebbie.B Sat, Aug-16-03 17:11

OOOOOO Emily thankyou you reminded me that i quite often go to the co op for my red wine called Ramada absolutely gorgeous and cheap too, well i did before LC. Looks like it maybe a while before i go there again, unless they start stocking LC off course :D

pepsi max Sun, Aug-17-03 00:28

i,ve clicked asda but i go to morrisons and sainsburys as well.i like morrisons veggies best and sainsburys have more unusual things to buy.

RCFletcher Sun, Aug-17-03 01:40

The problem with these polls is that you can only click on one box.

I mostly shop a Lidl for the cheap meat and veggies and l;ow carb sausages. I also go to Safeways once a week and the local coop quite often. I would go to Tesco and Morrisons but there isn't one near me.

lburnikell Sun, Aug-17-03 03:44

thank you for all your comments keep them coming.
I too shop in different shops but my main shop is in morrisons but I do like Asda and Safeway for their weekly special offers!!!

pepsi max Sun, Aug-17-03 05:46

you would have liked asda this morning.the tills were down so we all got our shopping estimated.i usually spend about £90 but got everything for £45.
yipeeeeeeee!

HumminBird Sun, Aug-17-03 05:53

That's good Pepsi!! I wish I'd been there!

I ticked Morrisons cos that's where I go most of the time. I live 5 mins away from Safeway but can't really afford to go there...or sainsburys...sob!

I usually use Asda if I can be bothered to make the trip...ooh I'm just sooooo lazy! LOL

lburnikell Sun, Aug-17-03 06:32

christine you jammy get I have heard that has happended before, but never when I am not there its not fair

pepsi max Sun, Aug-17-03 06:38

this is the second time its happened to me.last time we got a whole weeks shopping for 20 quid.wonder if the ems have jammed their computers?

Ebbie.B Sun, Aug-17-03 06:44

Asda is great on things like that, thats why i like to shop there.
Any other supermarket and they would have refused sales.

When i go through the till at Asda and for some reason there is no bar code or it isn't working they just give it for free. Not like last week in Sainsbutry's where i had to wait 10 minutes for someone to find out the price of an item, the people in the queue behind me weren't happy either and i was getting the feeling i was about to be lynched.

pepsi max Sun, Aug-17-03 06:48

while we were waiting in the checkout queue,the staff was giving out free sweets and drinks.i declined the sweets though.i was a saint!

LittleAnne Sun, Aug-17-03 07:46

I'm a Sainsbury's girl! No Morrisons or Asda around here. Ocassionally go in Safeway, but rarely anywhere else.

As I'm heading up north on Wednesday to Lancaster I know my friend will mainly shop in Asda and Morrisons

suleika Sun, Aug-17-03 12:36

Waitrose

Waitrose is nearest to us, and their fresh stuff is good. Plus they do this cool thing called Quick Check, where you scan your own items and get to pay for it without waiting in a queue. I don't *think* we've had any freebies from it; we try hard not to forget to scan everything.

Gez