Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Toronto Here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=378872)

ethang Sat, Jul-26-08 19:13

Toronto Here

Hey everyone! :wave:

Any Toronto or GTA folk around these parts?

pennink Sat, Jul-26-08 19:13

Well I am, but I think you knew that!

*waves*

ethang Sat, Jul-26-08 19:16

I didn't notice your location - for some reason I assumed you were in the UK lol! Niagara falls is beautiful. Not quite GTA but I've been there a few times. Have you been to the bird sanctuary (or whatever its called)?

pennink Sat, Jul-26-08 19:57

Actually I work in Toronto (yep, drive every day). My horse is boarded near Hamilton, so I've pretty much got the Golden Horseshoe covered.

No, I haven't but I just saw a show on TV today that featured it, oddly.

revcharlie Sat, Jul-26-08 20:50

Well not exactly TO, in fact not at all anymore, but at least I don't miss it as dreadfully as I did last summer. I saw a show that had someone shopping in my favourite health food store in Kensington and cried.

sexysarah Sat, Jul-26-08 20:52

Hey, Not GTA but near by... kinda.
I live in belleville.... and new to this site.

SBGuy Sat, Jul-26-08 21:35

Just around the corner from Maple Leaf Gardens here... Haven't been here in a long time... just restarting induction after a year or so... ughhh

ethang Sat, Jul-26-08 22:28

Hi everyone!!!! :wave:

Let's keep this thread as our local LC group?? What do you think? We can post updates, events, etc...:idea:

Pennink - what a commute!!!! I don't think I'd be able to handle doing that every day. Must be nice to live in Niagara Falls though.

:angel:

pennink Sun, Jul-27-08 07:53

I don't mind the commute THAT much. i listen to novels on my iPod and the drive is like a nice break in my day. I have a diesel so I get 50 mpg. I do almost 1000kms on one tank of gas. :thup:

I spend more time in Toronto than my home though. Cost of living is way too high to move and I love my old house.

revcharlie Sun, Jul-27-08 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethang
Hi everyone!!!! :wave:

Let's keep this thread as our local LC group?? What do you think? We can post updates, events, etc...:idea:

Pennink - what a commute!!!! I don't think I'd be able to handle doing that every day. Must be nice to live in Niagara Falls though.

:angel:

Bye then. I know when I'm not welcome!

pennink Sun, Jul-27-08 07:56

You're always welcome everywhere Charlie!!!!

(((charlie))))

revcharlie Sun, Jul-27-08 08:19

Thanks Penn, you know I'm in the GTA in my heart. Although I must confess the scenery is much more beautiful here.

pennink Sun, Jul-27-08 08:24

Well, if you like that majesty of nature thing... :lol:

Niagara falls is pretty nice (save for the Las Vegas type theme they've got going on now)

ethang Sun, Jul-27-08 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcharlie
Bye then. I know when I'm not welcome!

revcharlie!!!! don't say that! of course you are welcome!:wave:

revcharlie Sun, Jul-27-08 10:48

Sorry, guess I'm just a bit touchy after two weeks of "White people always....." and "I hate it when white people say...." Then I say, "Guys, I'm white" or "I just said that and I'm white, how did you want me to say that?" And the response always was, "Oh, we don't mean you; you're here, they aren't." So I am still in reacting mode so when you post "let's make this local" after I post from BC it's hard not to intrepet it in light of previous experience.

(as she edits her commas and semi-colons before the editor reads it - and they are probably still wrong)