Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Going on 3 years, I'm still losing weight (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=443120)

dmoffett Mon, Jun-04-12 21:10

Going on 3 years, I'm still losing weight

It was 3 years ago in Feb. that I began my low carb journey.
I'm still losing weight, still dropping. I started out at over 340 pounds, I'm down to 183 now, that is a loss of 157 pounds. I went from out growing a 52 waist, almost down to a 32 now.
Where did it all go. I don't know but I'm glad it's GONE.
How much more will I lose, I don't know. I think another 10 pounds would be grate. At 6 foot tall I believe 175 would be nice.

Anyone else out there that has been consistently losing for 2 or more years. Ain't it great?!

I have before and now pictures on my blog.

Natchos Thu, Jun-14-12 10:43

Wow Dan! looking at your blog, you look fantastic! I am stuck in a rutt right now, needed motivation and came over to see the successes of others. I think you put me right back on track. Congrats on your success! Amazing!

joel381 Thu, Jun-14-12 11:27

Great job Dan, you will be a motivation to many. Way to stick with it for the long haul, something I need to learn. Will have to take another look at your blog soon.

Wezi Thu, Jun-14-12 13:45

How much Butter a day?

I just don't get it. I am losing at an average of about 1-2 pounds a week 22 pounds in 2 1/2 months but I get so confused...I try to just stay at 20 carbs a day. Can I continue eating anything I want, any amount of butter, cream and mayo but keep carbs at 20 a day and not worry about anything else, really? I need to lose between 150 and 200 pounds.... :q:

aramaya Thu, Jun-14-12 14:02

a big wow...you look great,thanks for the inspiration.well done for staying on plan for 3 years...

Cuse Thu, Jun-14-12 14:58

Wow, the difference in between the two photos is just jaw-dropping. Good for you!

dmoffett Tue, Nov-06-12 11:45

It seems that I have stopped losing weight now. I've lost 182 pounds to date. I'm at 182 pounds at 6 foot tall. I feel I could lose more. I would like to get down to 175. We'll see. I'm stuck now. I'm happy with my new life. See current pictures on my site listed below.

Seejay Tue, Nov-06-12 11:47

Wow that is fantastic. You look so strong and healthy. Congratulations!

Michaelk Tue, Nov-06-12 13:18

Well done, fantastic job you must be over the moon.

ojoj Tue, Nov-06-12 13:21

You're my hero!!!

Jo xxx

thepav Mon, Nov-25-13 19:19

Good job! Stick with it

knightfree Fri, Nov-29-13 11:24

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing your success for inspiration.

solom Mon, Dec-09-13 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezi
I just don't get it. I am losing at an average of about 1-2 pounds a week 22 pounds in 2 1/2 months but I get so confused...I try to just stay at 20 carbs a day. Can I continue eating anything I want, any amount of butter, cream and mayo but keep carbs at 20 a day and not worry about anything else, really? I need to lose between 150 and 200 pounds.... :q:

Yes, eat all you want from fat, just count your carbs, that's all you need to get to your optimum weight. Look up LCHF and you'll find a lot of info.

Jeremy L Tue, Dec-10-13 05:56

That's really amazing and inspiring at the same time!