Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dinner, dinner, dinner! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=360471)

Culturista Wed, Jan-16-08 18:03

I am so glad to see there are other foodies on here! Fat burning can be delicious!

Dinner is roasted chicken (1/2 a breast and 1/2 a thigh) with 2 cups mixed greens salad mic topped with 1/2 oz. goat cheese, 1 T. sunflower seeds, 1/6 of a cucumber, 2 T. olive oil, 1/2 of a small lemon (juiced), herbs and crushed black pepper and sparkling orange essence water with stevia.

tebesco Wed, Jan-16-08 18:06

Pretty non-foodie, but perfect in a pinch dinner: eggs scrambled with butter and cream cheese.

Foody Wed, Jan-16-08 22:33

Parmesan chicken and salad.

Jonahsafta Thu, Jan-17-08 08:41

broiled tilapia
green bean w/butter
glass of wine

Gidget1007 Thu, Jan-17-08 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
That sounds yummy -- do you make it? If so, how do you make the gyros? What veggies are in it?

I actually ordered it. Everyone else was having pizza at work meetings, which, I obviously didn't want, so I ordered the salad.

Here's what was in it though:

gyro meat (which is lamb), lettuce, tomatoes (I limited my intake for this though), feta cheese and the cucumber sauce (basically cucumbers in sour cream), which I also limited. I do that "dip your fork in it, then pickup food" so as not to have much.

I've also seen it made with onions and various peppers (green and hot) as well as black olives, but I really hate all of that.

I'm going to see if I can find some lamb meat at the grocery store so I can make this myself, but haven't checked yet.

neverwhere Thu, Jan-17-08 09:17

Last night I wanted wings, but they still werent defrosted, so I made fried eggs and brekfast sausage. Yummy.

Tonight will be deep fried wings, and broccoli sauteed with evoo and garlic.

moggsy Thu, Jan-17-08 10:17

Tonight's menu is meatza.

Foody Fri, Jan-18-08 07:45

Last night I ate at a favorite restaurant that has the greatest wings in the world (IMO). They also have the best onion rings! I had several onion rings (they are sliced very thin). I ordered a kids meal wings with a side ceasar salad instead of fries. I thought I would be paying for it today on the scales, but no weight gain - whew! I also slipped at lunch yesterday at On The Border and had chips and salsa with a fajita salad for my meal. Old habits die hard.

moggsy Fri, Jan-18-08 10:25

Tonight we are having steaks and salad. I might make fishcakes later for a snack.

pengu1 Fri, Jan-18-08 13:52

Going to a crab feed tonight, so hold the pasta and bring on the buckets of crab and melted butter! :D

LessLiz Fri, Jan-18-08 20:26

I had shredded pork mixed with roasted tomato chipotle salsa rolled into a lightly toasted LC tortilla with spinach salad. Mr. Thin had 2 pork tacos in corn tortillas. homemade refried beans and salad.

bike2work Fri, Jan-18-08 21:23

Last night:
kabocha and fennel soup, recipe in here
duck legs braised with turnips and green olives, recipe in here

Tonight:
creamy poblano soup, recipe in here
chicken with pears and balsamic vinegar, recipe in here

bsheets Sat, Jan-19-08 01:27

Cooking for myself, I put a small can of tuna in a bowl, top with some boiled veggies (zucchini, cauliflower etc) and then top with grated cheese. Into the microwave for about 30secs and I have dinner! :) :yum:

e

pengu1 Sun, Jan-20-08 00:28

Tonight was stuffed bell peppers covered in Mozzarella cheese. A pound of hamburger browned in a skillet with onions and fresh basil. Four cloves of garlic and home made tomato sauce with grated Parmesan cheese. Half a head of cauliflower grated in the food processor mixed in and cooked for 8 minutes.

3 big green bell peppers halved and seeded, ribs cut out and stuffed with the tomato meat mixutre. Cheese on top and popped into a 350 degree toaster oven for 20 minutes. Garnished with fresh basil and warm tomato sauce.
:D

moggsy Sun, Jan-20-08 05:30

Last night we went to Nando's and had a half a chicken (medium) each and split a salad.

Little peeved that Nando's UK doesn't list their nutritional breakdown on their site. You can get the information on other country's sites, but the recipes vary from country to country, at least according to the BBC. Go to the UK site and click on the bit where the other sites have a breakdown of some of the menu, and it tells you to stop worrying about what you eat. GRRRR