Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Hoppinn's Physical Fitness Status (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=373015)

Hoppinn Tue, May-13-08 11:44

Hoppinn's Physical Fitness Status

I have never been a fan of exercise but I can not deny the necessity of it as I am trying to eat healthier and become less sedentary. I am female and will be 49 years of age the beginning of June.

I began the Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program on March 3, 2008, and have kept a personal log since that time. I have decided to alternate cardio exercises with Bowflex strength training for a total of 6 days a week.

My exercise regimen began on April 14, with my first introduction to Walk Away the Pounds 3 mile power walk. I found that I was able to complete 1 mile at that time and really enjoyed it.

I included Bowflex the following day and convinced DH to join me since I had only tried it a couple of times before and did not know how to set up the different exercises. We began with the 20 Minute Better Body Workout that includes Bench Press, Seated Lat Rows, Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows, Biceps Curl, Triceps Pushdown, Leg Extension, Standing Low Back Extension, and Seated Abdominal Crunch.

I have been loyal to my exercise program since the beginning and feel confident enough to begin my journal today.

I feel absolutely wonderful after completing my exercise routines. My mood and energy levels have increased and I am feeling pretty good about myself these days.

I have kept a routine of WATP on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays alternating with Bowflex on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

I have been successful in completing all 3 miles of WATP beginning May 7th, and will force myself to continue to do so.

DH and I are now completing 2 sets of 15 reps each on the Bowflex. DD#2 told me not to increase the weight because that would build bulk instead of toning my existing muscles.

Until tomorrow...

Hoppinn Wed, May-14-08 23:28

Yesterday was Tuesday, so it was Bowflex night.

DH and I completed 2 sets of 15 reps each on the Bowflex last night.

Teri's 20 Minute Better Body Workout
60# Bench Press
60# Seated Lat Rows
60# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
60# Biceps Curl
60# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension
60# Standing Low Back Extension
100# Seated Abdominal Crunch

AuntWie Thu, May-15-08 02:13

Hoppinn, you don't need to be afraid of adding weight. Apologies to DD#2, but she's mistaken. You won't build bulk without testosterone.....way more than you have naturally. The women you see in muscle competitions spend HOURS in the gym. And they eat severely restricted diets. It's like a full time job for them.. And even with all that trying, there are women who just can't build any bulk. You will NOT bulk up doing three sets on the Bowflex, using the maximum weight you can handle. I promise.

Hoppinn Thu, May-15-08 08:51

AuntWie,

I appreciate you taking the time to educate me about adding weight to my bowflex program. Since I have detested exercise my whole life, I am a bit ignorant on how strength training will affect me. Any and all input will be considered, thanks.

Hoppinn Thu, May-15-08 09:08

Yesterday was Wednesday, so that means it was WATP day.

I completed all 3 miles of the WATP 3 mile power walk yesterday morning.

The first mile is getting extremely easy for me but the second mile is still a challenge. I am really beginning to love the third mile since it means I have completed the second mile and I am well on my way to completing another day of much needed physical fitness.

Bowflex is scheduled for today so DH and I will get it completed sometime this evening.

Hoppinn Fri, May-16-08 08:39

Yesterday was Thursday, so it was Bowflex night.

60# Bench Press
60# Seated Lat Rows
60# Biceps Curl
60# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension
130# Seated Abdominal Crunch

Hoppinn Sat, May-17-08 10:15

Yesterday was Friday, so that means it was WATP day.

My exercise schedule is working out beautifully for me. I feel really good about getting my workouts completed and am looking forward to seeing the results of my effort.

I am pleased to say that I completed all 3 miles of the WATP 3 mile power walk yesterday.

I have Bowflex scheduled for today and Sunday is my day off.

Hoppinn Sun, May-18-08 10:22

A little change in plans since I didn't get the Bowflex completed yesterday.

I am so glad I scheduled my exercises the way I did. I am going to make yesterday my day off instead of today and get my Bowflex done.

DH and I moved our bedroom set into DD#2 room and then had to get ready to meet BIL and SIL for dinner last night. We got home early this morning and were too tired to work out in the middle of the night.

Since I will not count furniture moving as part of my exercise plan, we will get the Bowflex done this evening since we don't have any other plans.

Hoppinn Mon, May-19-08 10:10

Since I was unable to get to my Bowflex workout on Saturday, yesterday was Bowflex.

60# Bench Press
60# Seated Lat Rows
60# Biceps Curl
60# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension

Hoppinn Tue, May-20-08 08:00

Yesterday was Monday, so it was WATP day.

I completed all three miles of WATP and have been considering adding weights. I am in the process of finding something that is easy and comfortable to hold.

I have bowflex scheduled for tonight.

Hoppinn Wed, May-21-08 08:28

Yesterday was Tuesday, so it was Bowflex night.

I am very proud of myself for getting my Bowflex workout done last night since I had eaten a late dinner and was so tired.

60# Bench Press
60# Seated Lat Rows
60# Biceps Curl
60# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension

Hoppinn Thu, May-22-08 10:09

Yesterday was Wednesday, so it was WATP day.

My normal exercise routine is to get WATP completed before the noon hour. I was successful in doing that again yesterday completing all 3 miles of the WATP power walk.

Bowflex is scheduled for this evening.

Hoppinn Fri, May-23-08 09:37

Yesterday was Thursday, so it was Bowflex night.

60# Bench Press
60# Seated Lat Rows
60# Biceps Curl
60# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension

Hoppinn Sat, May-24-08 13:18

Yesterday was Friday, so it was WATP day.

I completed my 3 mile WATP power walk yesterday and Bowflex is scheduled for today.

I cannot describe how great it feels to know that I have been faithful to my exercise routine for the first time in my life.

Hoppinn Sun, May-25-08 10:27

Yesterday was Saturday, so it was Bowflex night.

60# Bench Press
60# Seated Lat Rows
60# Biceps Curl
60# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension