Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   CAD Healthy For Life Daily/Weekly Thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=440219)

Mayflowers Wed, Mar-14-12 13:46

CAD Healthy For Life Daily/Weekly Thread

Hello! :wave:
Since I tend to eat more vegetarian, I'm attempting to follow the CAD Healthy for Life Program that encourages vegetarian options and menues.
If anyone would like to post, with questions, feel free. I'm learning as well what works with my body.

I seem to be having a problem with grains causing indigestion so I'm gluten free and trying to not eat other grains.

I'll be posting my progress here if anyone else would like to feel free.

Enomarb Wed, Mar-14-12 14:46

hi-
I like HFL as it is really about health, not weight loss.

I'd also recmmend WHEAT BELLY by Dr Davis if you haven't read that already-

have fun with this-
E

Mayflowers Thu, Mar-15-12 08:50

Thank you Enomarb.
I am re reading the book to incorporate all the suggestions.
I know of the Wheat Belly book, I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Thank you for the recommendation.

I'm still gluten free. I've been gluten free about a month and I feel less bloated. Stepping up the exercise again..

Mayflowers Fri, Mar-16-12 08:58

got off to a bad start yesterday.. Has anyone noticed that when they change their diet, say from low fat to low carb and vise versa that they get indigestion for a while until the stomach adjusts...? Or is it just me...

patriciakr Fri, Mar-16-12 20:15

Not sure I can say, haven't done low fat in years. I'm either on calp, or in full blown carb *ell. Once I begin CALP, all of me feels better and works better :lol: My acid reflux just disappears. Feel better soon!

Mayflowers Sat, Mar-17-12 08:08

If anyone is interested, I have a cure for the cold, flu and pneumonia. It's also prevention. Elderberry. My grocery store sells elderberry jelly that my family eats regularly and my two sons are never sick (plus I give them vitamin D) There are studies on PubMed that prove edlerberry/sambucal cures the rhino virus and flu and viral pneumonia.

Also if you're getting sick, your vitamin D levels are too low. I've gone from 2 colds a year, and bacterial infetions to an actual whole year without being sick from getting my D levels up over 40. I started out at 25

Lori329 Thu, Mar-22-12 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Hello! :wave:
Since I tend to eat more vegetarian, I'm attempting to follow the CAD Healthy for Life Program that encourages vegetarian options and menues.
If anyone would like to post, with questions, feel free. I'm learning as well what works with my body.

I seem to be having a problem with grains causing indigestion so I'm gluten free and trying to not eat other grains.

I'll be posting my progress here if anyone else would like to feel free.

Hi there! I'm new here but have read the CAHFLP book and followed some of its guidelines. I have to include some vegetarian meals as well, due to borderline high cholesterol, although I have the ones with a higher carb content as my Reward Meals.

I've found a cookbook called "Carb Conscious Vegetarian" by Robin Robertson very helpful. The recipes are actually vegan with good carbs, very tasty, and most include some protein (though the carb counts are usually too high for CA Complimentary Meals) -- just thought I'd share!

Mayflowers Fri, Mar-23-12 06:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori329
Hi there! I'm new here but have read the CAHFLP book and followed some of its guidelines. I have to include some vegetarian meals as well, due to borderline high cholesterol, although I have the ones with a higher carb content as my Reward Meals.

I've found a cookbook called "Carb Conscious Vegetarian" by Robin Robertson very helpful. The recipes are actually vegan with good carbs, very tasty, and most include some protein (though the carb counts are usually too high for CA Complimentary Meals) -- just thought I'd share!

Yes I have that cook book. It's ok but some of the recipes are pretty high carb :yum:

Mayflowers Wed, Jul-04-12 07:35

I'm going to try to keep this thread going weekly at least. I've been really busy, moving and trying to maintain. I'm not 100% vegetarian, so I will add some poultry and fish. I really crave meat when I do a lot of physical labor..which I have been doing. Now I'm in my new place so I can get back on plan better.

patriciakr Wed, Jul-04-12 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
I'm going to try to keep this thread going weekly at least. I've been really busy, moving and trying to maintain. I'm not 100% vegetarian, so I will add some poultry and fish. I really crave meat when I do a lot of physical labor..which I have been doing. Now I'm in my new place so I can get back on plan better.

Good to see you posting here :wave:

Mayflowers Wed, Jul-04-12 18:07

Thanks Pat!
Your stats look Great! Keep up the good work!

Mayflowers Sat, Jul-07-12 06:43

Trying to ease back into the CAHLP again. I've been having a lot of trouble due to stress, being in the middle of moving and unpacking. A very stressful time. Weather is close to 100 as well. Not helping. I'm on the intermediate program. I actually feel better since I've added more protein into my diet. More energy more stamina.

Mayflowers Wed, Jul-11-12 04:55

Decided to give up wheat (again) this week. I find that when I eat it regularly, I can't lose weight and I also get irritable, can't focus, foggy brained..and lack energy..

SuzeQ Sun, Jul-15-12 10:02

I am cutting way back with wheat on a daily basis. A couple of times a week I allow myself a sandwich for my RM. It's tough, but if it works then I am all in.

Oh, I notice in your signature that you refer to El Woods from Legally Blonde. I don't usually correct but this one just stood out for me. Her name is Elle, not El. Google it if you need to. Hope you don't mind the comment.

JoanD'Arc Tue, Oct-09-12 23:09

Hi Mayflowers, thanks for posting in my journal!

We have similar stats and I was wondering how this plan is working for you.

Are you still gluten free? I feel so much better without it, and there really isn't anything you're missing, except a lot of carbs, usually refined. I do eat red meat though, as much as I can! I was anemic with my last pregnancy; was so tired and cold all the time and craved steak, which I rarely ate beforehand. As soon as I got more iron I felt great! I think it would be hard for me to give up meat on this plan and try to find other sources of protein all the time.

Hope you're doing well!