Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Almond flour (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=463169)

Kellie37 Sun, Oct-19-14 15:10

Almond flour

Hi everyone. Still quite new at this and just another little question for you guys. Tomorrow is day 13 of induction. Going very well. I've lost 6 pounds so delighted. I've just been looking up recepies here and found a lot of really yummy looking ones that use almond flour. Have any of you used it. Is it nice. Is it ok on low carb and lastly is it easy to find. I'm guessing I'd find it in my local health shop. Any almond flour advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dmarie328 Sun, Oct-19-14 17:13

I use almond flour and you can make your own, I just grind them in my coffee grinder.

honeypie Sun, Oct-19-14 20:52

You can also buy ground almonds (ie almond flour) in any supermarket in the UK in the baking section. It's usually in 100g bags.

Kellie37 Mon, Oct-20-14 10:17

Thanks I checked my local supermarket but couldn't find it. I'll have to check the bigger supermarkets. Is it the same as ground almonds.

jaywood Mon, Oct-20-14 10:37

Yes it is the same as ground almonds.

There is another product you can choose to use wich is the by-product of almond milk, and is almonds without the fat.

But ground almonds work great :-)

Kellie37 Mon, Oct-20-14 11:19

Thanks. I'll grab some tomorrow and try some nice low carb baking.

Benay Tue, Oct-21-14 04:45

Some health food stores will carry it in the US and it is beginning to hit grocery stores in Alberta after several requests. Yummy but the carbs add up.

gonwtwindo Tue, Oct-21-14 10:00

If you are in the US, Trader Joes has it.

Kellie37 Tue, Oct-21-14 11:54

No I'm in ireland but got some today and made the most gorgeous scones. I was in heaven eating them after not eating any cakes or biscuits for 2 weeks. They were delicious.

Elizellen Wed, Oct-22-14 04:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie37
got some today and made the most gorgeous scones.
Recipe????? Pretty please!!

Kellie37 Wed, Oct-22-14 05:24

It's from a blog called "all day I dream about food" and they're called maple pecan scones. There are loads of really nice things on her blog.

Delectable Fri, Feb-03-17 17:58

Most Asian shops carry it. I found loads in Wembley NW London.

gonwtwindo Fri, Feb-03-17 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delectable
Most Asian shops carry it. I found loads in Wembley NW London.
Since you are new here, I'll mention you should look at the date of posts. This one's over 2 years old. I've made the same mistake - even recently!

Delectable Sat, Feb-04-17 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Since you are new here, I'll mention you should look at the date of posts. This one's over 2 years old. I've made the same mistake - even recently!

My response is relevant today and I've found old posts on here useful for me though I'm new. I'm simply paying it forward.

Benay Sun, Feb-05-17 05:34

I am with you Delectable - old posts have been helpful to me too. I find the flour at most Canadian grocery stores now. I guess people have been asking for it. At one time it was only at health food stores.