Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Best Of (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Journal Etiquette (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=170251)

Moogie1019 Sat, Nov-13-04 18:39

Thanks for the Great advice, Orchidday! :daizy: I'm new to the forum and I too thought the journals were private. It's nice to know that it's okay to write, & folks will respond :)

ginyer Wed, Apr-06-05 10:39

Oh, I wish I had read this when I first got here!

I almost gave up on the forum just because it seemed so huge and difficult to get in and get to know people....that is the farthest thing from the truth. It is just a matter of knowing how to go about it. What helped was joining a challenge and getting familiar with a few posters....then like some other, I didn't realize that I should resond to posts in my journal in their journal....now that I get the give and take, I have so enjoyed this board and don't know how I would have done this "PLAN" without it. It has been a wonderful motivation...if anything I worry that I post too often and bother people. All of the suggestions were right on. Thanks Again.
Anita

carol slc Thu, Oct-06-05 14:52

I have enjoyed reading all the other responses to your journal. I'am also new at this. I have not made a journal yet but will try to start one now and will try and respond to at least one each time I go on line. thanks carol slc.

Exception Wed, Oct-26-05 07:14

Aha... I think after scanning through all those enthusiastic responses I've got the gist of what this 'Journal' thing is all about! Now I've just got to find where mine is so I can set it up....!

KoKo Wed, Oct-26-05 08:47

Hi Exception

and WELCOME. To start your own journal Click Here and then click on start a new thread and give that thread the name you want your journal to have. After that you will see a link to your journal at the bottom of your posts.

TyroneBill Sun, Feb-12-06 00:22

Thanks for this thread. I'm new and have been thinking about starting a journal, but didn't really know how to conduct myself or what to expect. Now I know I'll be journaling soon. I am going to read somes journal entries to see how others set their journals up. I hope I'll be getting lots of visitors in my home(journal) here at LowCarber.

TilaBC Sun, Feb-26-06 13:38

Is there a way to delete your original journal and start new ? I have sent massages to the forum owner via the contact page but I never got a response. I want to start a new journal and erase my old one.
Thanks !

klc145 Sun, Feb-26-06 14:01

I am not sure of your question exactly but you might try asking it in the "Comments Box and Technical Questions" area. The mods are quick to answer there!

Hope that helps! :)

doreen T Sun, Feb-26-06 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilaBC
Is there a way to delete your original journal and start new ? I have sent massages to the forum owner via the contact page but I never got a response. I want to start a new journal and erase my old one.
Thanks !

hi there,

The policy is .. one journal per member. We encourage folks to keep their journals, even if they switch plans or have other life circumstances. (p.s. - congrats on your expected baby :baby: :cool: ). It can be helpful to go back and review past experiences .. Plus, deleting your journal also deletes the wonderful support posts from your buddies.

Unless there's a dire personal reason that you *must* have your journal deleted, it's better to keep the one you've got.

Doreen

faydunaway Tue, Jun-05-07 08:15

What a great post. Very informative. Thanks so much for your kind guidance and keep up the good support and your good personal results.

I for one really appreciate this site and the people who visit my new journal.

I think the first weeks of return to LC is not easy, shoot the first months aren't easy. I wish I'd known about this site years before because I might have stayed true with the support of others in the same situation.

Thanks again.

~Bri~ Wed, Jun-20-07 21:29

I'm so glad I found this group! Thanks for sharing this. I was wondering how to feel a part of such a huge group of folks, now I know. I'm looking forward to my LC experience this time around!!

sandy.ch Wed, May-30-12 10:32

Thanks so much for your post :-) I've been trying to start my own journal, but not computer-literate, I think I will manage now, thanks again. Greetings from Switzerland

bero48 Thu, Sep-20-12 16:45

Is this Thread still being used and if so could someone explain how it works. I see where people respond but not the questions. Maybe I am just not getting this. I am total new to this site.

Tks Doris :wave:

lo_kate Thu, Oct-03-19 18:11

As a newbie I am trying to read through all the stickies to learn how to navigate and this is Very Helpful! Thank you.