Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   should have never left (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=170940)

willbthin Fri, Mar-05-04 08:15

should have never left

hi guys, i dont know if anyone remembers me it has been a while. i am want to apologize for ignoring a couple peoples advice to stick with the cad. i quit and of course tried other way of losing weight and i am at my all time highest weight of 196 on a 5'3 in frame. it is really taking its toll on me. i am not my outgoing self, i am irritable, my knees and back are starting to hurt and i am tired. i am only 38 well, soon to be 39 in april yrs old. this is scaring me. i need to stick to this and get this weight off. i want to thank the people , i am sorry i forgot your names, for encouraging me and supporting me when i was on here before. i hope i can get the same support again. i really need it. i just cant believe i let myself get this big. i am sad about that. i hope everyone is doing well and are happy and healthy. i am starting today. thanks guys.

Zuleikaa Fri, Mar-05-04 08:54

Welcome back to the family. CAD is for life!! It may be slow but it is permanent!!!

We've all fallen by the wayside at times. We alays slow down the wagon so the straggler can climb aboard!!!

LadyBelle Fri, Mar-05-04 09:05

Look at is as a learning lesson. When you start to get frustrated later, or think of giving up again, you can look back and remember how bad you feel now. You might even start a journal and write down all the things you want to go away, such as the aching knees. That way when you hit a stall you can look back and say "I'm still better off then I was then, and that means alot" It can be really motivating.

Vel Fri, Mar-05-04 14:26

Welcome back!

We are always happy to see someone come back. It means they know how good they felt on CAD and want that again.

You can do it and we are all here to support each other!

quikdeb Fri, Mar-05-04 15:38

Ditto on all the above!

You're always welcome back here....no matter how many times it takes. The support is here, you just have to tap in.

I agree with Ladybelle....start a journal. It will help you remember how you felt about everything today and you will be able to read how much improved and happier you are.

Deb

willbthin Mon, Mar-08-04 07:51

thanks

thanks for the support and encourage ment. i just cant be in control at the reward meal. i am up 2lbs!!!! this is why i quit before. i am a binge/compulsive eater. it is dinner time that is always the hardest, no matter what eating plan i was on i did great all day, in control then when i get home from work at 3:00 i will pick and eat dinner until 7:00, in between doing house hold chores and helping daughter with homework. i know my behavoirs at this time of the day need to change. i just cant see me doing cad for life. and the key to picking an eating plan is to make sure you can do it for life. i am hopeless. i cant stick to anything!!!!!!

Vel Mon, Mar-08-04 11:36

Hi again,

You don't have to be in control at the reward meal at the beginning. All you have to do is commit to yourself that you will NOT go past your hour limit. That is the one cardinal rule you must not break. Eat what you need to eat but stick to the hour. And then you are done for the day.

There is only so much a person can eat in one hour. And if you do that for a while, gradually you will start to trust the plan and realize that you don't have to eat *everything* in the one meal. There is always another reward meal the next day. And you will start to feel that adding some veggies and protein to your meal will make you feel better. But don't worry about that at first. Just keep your CM's completely clean and stick to that hour and you will be ok.

Good luck!

Tess M Mon, Mar-08-04 12:00

If I'm not hopeless--then NO ONE is hopeless!!! You really can do it! As Vel just said, if you keep to the 1 hr. limit, and keep your cm's clean--you will teach yourself how to eat properly, over time. It won't happen overnight--but then it doesn't happen overnight for anyone, I think. Have you tried just committing yourself to this day only--and then doing it again tomorrow, etc. etc.? Maybe it just seems too overwhelming for you to look at the big picture, right now.
We're all pulling for you, and KNOW that if we can do it--you CAN do it, too!
All the best to you.. :p

willbthin Mon, Mar-08-04 13:52

thanks so much guys

you guys are terrific :bhug: i thank you so much for being here and the great advice, i am to quick to quit this way of eating. and you are right, it is a bit over whelming. i didnt overeat today but i did not follow cad. i would love to get a fresh start tomorrow. i appreciate you guys pulling me back in. this way of eating just seems like the one i would love to do for life. and i really do feel full and satisfied after my cm meals. i just have to get creative with the cm meals. i dont want to keep eating the same things. i will check in here more often. i really really want this way to work. thanks again.

Enomarb Mon, Mar-08-04 15:49

Willbethin: I know this WOE is different from what you read about as LC, but it is great.If you just follow the guidelines, it really works. Good luck in whatever you decide-
E

willbthin Tue, Mar-09-04 14:20

i cant do this, i cant do this, i just cant!!!!! i really think i picked this plan for the wrong reasons. i know i love carbs and cant stop eating them, but on this plan i think just cause i eat veggies and protiens for 2 meals a day i think i can pigout for an hr. this isnt the way this plan is supposed to work. all i do is think about what carbs i can have for my reward meal. i ate proteins and veggies for breakfast and lunch today and by 3:00 i came home and just pigged out. i beleive because i didnt have what i really wanted during the day. i work at a deli, and i know i can have my reward meal for lunch, but then i always wind up eating carbs for dinner too, that is why i wanted to save my reward meal for dinner. my boss made homeade chicken with rice soup and i wanted it so bad, but i didnt eat it, i took a cup home and was gonna eat it with my reward meal, but i scarfed it right up as soon as i got home. i dont think i can do this for life!!!!!!

quikdeb Tue, Mar-09-04 16:19

You really need to try to give yourself some more positive self-messages. You keep telling yourself that you can't do it, so you don't. You said you help your DD with her homework. What do you tell her when she says she can't do something. You probably tell her....yes, you can. Just keep trying. Right? Tell yourself you can do this....because you can.

Start with one day.....eat, eat, eat, for your hour and quit worrying about how it's "supposed" to be. Have you read what Rachel Heller ate when she discovered this plan? Everytime I think I'm a little over the top I get the book out and read that....and I thought I ate a lot!!!!!

The plan will work, but you are going to have to take control of the reins and commit to doing it. No plan will work if you're not on board. You're so unhappy with yourself that you just need to break the cycle long enough to see that you can be successful, even if it's just for a day. Really, that's all we all commit to....one day, and then they just add up. Do it. We know you can.

Deb

LadyBelle Wed, Mar-10-04 10:28

willbthin - I had the exact same problem. From what I have read on this board it is normal at first. After a while you kind of get your mind wrapped around the fact you can have these things, and the hour is more relaxed and not so desperate.

Many find they have a little of this and a little of that because they want to try everything. But it does pass for many.

I found I had perfect control all day. I would have a good CM, or skip emals with no problems. But when my hour came around I was a mad woman. At first I had all kinds of things. Then when I noticed problems from the refined sugars such as breaking out, and tummy problems, I cut that out. I was still suddenly starving when my hour hit though, and just couldn't seem to eat enough to be satisfied. Later I'd have a tummy ache form eating too much, but for that hour it was like my full signal had been turned off.

For me it was enough of a problem I decided to stop CAD for the most part, somewhat combining it with Atkins. Most of the time I have CM ok meals, with a low carb meal that has some extras. My schedule recently changed though to where I have to eat 4 meals a day. I decided to move more back to Atkins. I still am having problems with tellign when I feel full and not wanting that nice stuffed belly feeling I got from CAD. CAD did however completely cure my night time grazing and snacking that was giving me extream problems on Atkins.

Anyway sorry to ramble. Give CAD 2 weeks. Be honest limiting your hour to an hour, and try for balance as best you can. You might find at the end of that 2 weeks you have calmed down and are eating a "normal" reward meal. I still like the idea of CAD because it would allow me to go to a resteraunt and not spend 10 mins customizing my order. At least that was the idea. I would still move to low carb just because that is what sounded good :)

willbthin Wed, Mar-10-04 14:39

thanks for sharing and for the encouragement. my big problem is work, i work at a deli , i am only there for 4 hrs a day, but the homemade soups drive me crazy, first when i go in my boss makes me taste them. now i can easily make my reward meal for lunch, but am afraid i wont feel satisfied for dinner without carbs. i am wondering if i should try to eat my reward meal for lunch, that way if i am at work, i cant pigout for the whole hr, i am working , people are around and i just cant do it there. today i made the mistake of thinking i could do ww again. i dont want to count pts all day. i will try switching my reward meal to lunch during the week and for dinners on the weekend. how does this sound?? thanks so much guys.

LadyBelle Wed, Mar-10-04 14:54

I can understand how you feel. I just started working in a bakery where I am encouraged to "sample" the donuts I cook to make sure I am putting out good quality. Thos I have been able to resist. My problem comes when they start pulling fresh baked cookies or bread out of the oven. The jalapeno faccocia just fills the room with such a yummy pepper smell.