Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Lost more weight (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=477036)

Phantomess Wed, Apr-26-17 16:53

Lost more weight

I've lost 2 more pounds! Yay!

doreen T Wed, Apr-26-17 17:43

Congrats

That's awesome :thup:

My dear Phantomess, I gently suggest that you start a journal. It would be a perfect place for you to share your daily successes as well as your concerns about cravings and such :idea:

Instead of having multiple "new threads" in the Atkins section for each post, you'd have your own thread devoted to your personal concerns and successes. Other members will visit you daily, and offer advice and encouragement. This would actually be a time-saver for you, rather than trying to keep tabs on multiple "new threads" and having to reply.

To start your journal .. go to the Journals/Bootcamp section .. or click here. Give your journal a nifty title :cool:, then submit. A special clickable icon .. will appear in your profile, and will also appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

The link will also appear at the top right of every page (after you've started the journal, of course) ... just look where it says Welcome, Phantomess :exclm:

best to you,

Doreen

Phantomess Wed, Apr-26-17 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
That's awesome :thup:

My dear Phantomess, I gently suggest that you start a journal. It would be a perfect place for you to share your daily successes as well as your concerns about cravings and such :idea:

Instead of having multiple "new threads" in the Atkins section for each post, you'd have your own thread devoted to your personal concerns and successes. Other members will visit you daily, and offer advice and encouragement. This would actually be a time-saver for you, rather than trying to keep tabs on multiple "new threads" and having to reply.

To start your journal .. go to the Journals/Bootcamp section .. or click here. Give your journal a nifty title :cool:, then submit. A special clickable icon .. will appear in your profile, and will also appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

The link will also appear at the top right of every page (after you've started the journal, of course) ... just look where it says Welcome, Phantomess :exclm:

best to you,

Doreen

Ok, I will do that. It sucks that I feel like I've done something wrong by posting in a forum. I thought that was what forums were for. :cry:

doreen T Wed, Apr-26-17 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomess
Ok, I will do that. It sucks that I feel like I've done something wrong by posting in a forum. I thought that was what forums were for. :cry:

You haven't done anything wrong. My suggestion was simply to offer a helpful alternative, given that you posted previously about your busy family life with 4 kids :idea:. You're not alone in this :there:. Having a daily journal can be very helpful for sticking to your goals, and getting feedback and encouragement from others.

It's a good thing ;)

GRB5111 Wed, Apr-26-17 19:45

You've done nothing wrong; however, your frequent thoughts are conveyed most effectively in a journal. You'll find, as doreen has said, that you can post frequently in streams of thoughts, and many of the good people on this forum will share. Many others have journals as well. If you have new news that doesn't involve you directly, you can start a thread in the appropriate forum as usual. Since you're posting a lot on multiple subjects and questions, it's almost like a diary or journal, and you'll find it easier to start one. Check out the Journals/ Bootcamp forum and read what people are writing. It's probably the most active of all the low carber forums. I look forward to visiting you and reading your journal. All the best!

elisagirl Sun, Jun-04-17 08:06

I'm glad you posted here... i don't want to have to follow people's journals. Congrats on the weight loss.