Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Three Minute Chocolate Cake (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177020)

WIP Thu, Jul-14-05 14:42

I tried it with the almond/hazelnut butter ... wonderful.

dreamnfae Thu, Jul-14-05 15:14

cool!! sounds like a winner to me!!

Laydebleu Thu, Jul-14-05 15:44

Reply anyone know the carb count of this without any variations?

Sbear Wed, Jul-20-05 10:01

I just finished eating this.

Used carbquik instead of almond flour (happened to be out)
Omitted baking powder

It rose nice and fluffy. Mine came out with a spongy texture which I loved!

Topped with whip cream and boy oh boy, I'm one happy girl!

What a wonderful quick easy treat for indulging. Can't wait to experiment with flavors.

seira Thu, Sep-01-05 16:25

Just want to add, this is now my favorite low carb treat in the world!
I've made variations with different davinci syrups, peanut butter, strawberries,
you name it... Total yumminess!

Does anyone know a good recipe for three minute VANILLA cake? I tried leaving out the cocoa and adding more nut flour
but the result was very yucky =(
I saw that someone mentioned subbing whey powder for cocoa, I may try that instead. But any more suggestions are welcome,
I do love chocolate but would like to experiment with more cake flavors in the future.

WIP Fri, Sep-02-05 05:55

Decadence for a cravings day.

Top with the chocolate buttercream from the Atkins Cookbook. Add diced strawberries and drizzle with heavy cream. Sort of like a chocolate lava cake but rich instead of sweet.

Absolutely freakin' divine!

IslandGirl Mon, Sep-05-05 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybee
Tried this yesterday and it was quick and quite good ... :thup:

1/4 cup almond flour ( I only had ground almonds, so used that)
1T Cocoa powder
1/4 t baking powder
4-5 packets Splenda

2T melted butter
1T water, or SF syrup ( I used DaVinci choc)
1 egg

In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup, mix all the dry ingredients. Mix the melted butter with the egg and the SF syrup ~ add to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap ... make small slit in wrap, with a knife to vent. Microwave on high for about 1 minute, 10 sec. Adjust as needed for your micro. When it comes out it looks a bit wet, but drys as it cools. ( I do not have a two cup measure, so I pit it in two little glass bowls, and it worked fine)

You can eat warm like a custard with whipped cream ( I added a few diced strawberries) or let it cool completely and frost with low carb icing of your choice.

Hope I am not repeating something already posted, but I can't recall ever seeing it here. Hope you enjoy it.

---

Moderator note: This recipe is originally credited to Dana Carpender. Three-Minute Chocolate Cake

Actually, that's the Pass The Toast website at http://www.passthetoast.com in Australia, not Dana Carpender's Hold The Toast website at http://www.holdthetoast.com/

...note also that this recipe is almost identical to the 3-Minute Chocolate (microwave) Cake posted by GrandmaLee at the http://www.LowCarbFriends.com website's recipe section.

tethgirl Mon, Sep-12-05 11:17

tried it today but instead of the almond flour which i can't find, I have used some protein powder. IT WAS SOOOO GOOOD!!! Can't wait to try it again in a very large bowl!!

athensmom Wed, Sep-14-05 16:58

Made it tonight for dinner!!! Fabulous! My 2.5 year old kept asking for another "sip"!

DH is on a golf trip and I am home with 3 kids under 5, so while the kids ate peanut butter and jelly I made this with ground almonds and SF vanilla syrup. Toppped with lots and lots of whipped cream.

The calorie/carb count concerned me a bit plus it looked very very rich so I ate it for dinner - I know not particularly healthy but wanted to treat myself for being stuck at home.

What a wonderful decadent treat! It reminded me of flourless chocolate cake.

seira Fri, Sep-16-05 13:50

Went ahead and made a "vanilla" cake without the cocoa, added 2 tbsp soy protein powder.
The texture of the cake is wonderful, but the flavor
- pretty nutty. It reminds me of a carrot cake/banana cake ... perhaps the cocoa balances out the nutty flavor, hm.
That's ok though I'm going to try adding banana flavoring and chopped walnuts next time,
and frost with cream cheese frosting...yum =)

zajack Fri, Sep-16-05 14:07

This is very similar to the bowl muffin recipe...and if you use the carbsense 0 carb baking mix(skip the baking powder)...the net carbs are VERY low. I've made vanilla strawberry, lemon poppy, chocolate, chocolate rasperry, chocolate PB, and am contemplating maple. The only net carbs are from the egg and the flavorings used. This is one of my favorites!!!

ElleH Fri, Jan-19-07 15:42

I'm bumping this up b/c I just tried it and it's very yummy.

Very dense and moist. Try very hard to only eat half of it, as the recipe is for 2 servings!! I ate it all, but I haven't had any carbs today yet, so I'm ok. (We'll see how it affects my stix later tonight!)

I was really fretting over what I could have for my b-day dessert, but I've found it! I was in too big of a hurry to eat it, so ididn't take the time to whip some cream or make sf frosting, but I'm sure it'll be divine with whipped cream on top and maybe some DaVinci Khalua flavored syrup!

I don't think it needs anything to "lighten it up." I like my cakes dense and heavy and moist, and THIS IS IT!

Thank you, Lord...I was starting to get a little tired of chocolate whipped cream!

BetsyJ64 Tue, Feb-06-07 07:39

I made this last night for the first time, the vanilla version, with Carbquick. Put some chocolate whipped cream "frosting" on it.....and all I can say is....wow! I'll definitley be making this more often! Is there a recorded carb count for this anywhere? I used vanilla Torani to flavor it, along with an extra splash of vanilla extract. My mind is buzzing with lots of different variations on this one!

BetsyJ64 Tue, Feb-13-07 10:27

3 Minute Cake Disaster!

Had to give you all a good laugh today. I made the 3 minute cake recipe this morning, was in a hurry for work, and forgot to put the sweetner in it!! I have a cake that tastes like....well, I haven't figured out exactly WHAT it tastes like, but it ain't good! :lol: I'm slathering it with sweetened whipped cream to give it some flavor!

ndelacourt Tue, Apr-17-07 17:30

I think I will have to try this one tonight!!!