Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Three Minute Chocolate Cake (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177020)

superaunt Wed, Apr-20-05 17:04

OH MY GOD. INCREDIBLE!!! :)

Thanks soooo much for sharing this recipe -- it really hit the spot. So quick, so easy, sooooooo gooooood!!

Can't wait to try it tomorrow with a tablespoon of peanut butter!!!

:thup:

superaunt Mon, Apr-25-05 14:52

So I did make this with peanut butter and wasn't too happy with the result. I knew it would make it drier so I added a splash of sf vanilla syrup, but it was still very dry... I really prefer this as is! It's perfect! :) great, great recipe -- thanks again! :)

blondemom Wed, Apr-27-05 07:04

jessicakjj- I think what they meant by marshmellow syrup was marshmellow flavored Davinci syrup. It's available in almost every flavor imaginable.

superaunt Thu, Apr-28-05 09:16

OK, I promise I'm not a stalker or anything and I promise I won't post more on this thread after this -- it's just such a GREAT recipe!

Just wanted to say that I added some sf Davinci KAHLUHA to this last night (instead of water) and WOOOOOOOW! :yum: :thup:

Nancy101 Sat, Apr-30-05 10:17

This is really good if you let it cool and slice like cake and then spread a slice with a small amount of sf peanut butter as icing. :yum:

last10lbs Wed, May-18-05 20:47

holy crap this is fantastic!!!

i have added flax seed cereal mix to it instead of
almond meal because i need and could use the fiber.
i'm attempting to use it during induction-- wish me luck!

Beeblebrox Sat, Jun-18-05 21:38

I tried this using 3 tbs of oat flour (instead of the almond flour), and 1 tbs of sour cream in place of 1 tbs of butter. Nuked it for about 1 min 15 seconds. It turned out remarkably light and fluffy, with a good texture... just like a regular cake. But it had a very mild flavor (bland), so I wasn't into it.

BlitzedAng Sun, Jun-19-05 07:20

Almond flour is what gives it a marvelous nutty flavor.
For a frosting I softened some cream cheese, Vanilla Divinci and a lil Peanut butter.. Yummy.

Angel

nosher Mon, Jun-20-05 13:46

This hit the spot! I highly recommend it!

Beeblebrox Tue, Jun-21-05 07:48

I wish I could buy almond flour ... everyone seems to use it, but my grocery store doesn't carry it. Do you guys buy it online? Since I don't have a food processor or grinder, I can't make it.

Nancy101 Tue, Jun-21-05 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeblebrox
I wish I could buy almond flour ... everyone seems to use it, but my grocery store doesn't carry it. Do you guys buy it online? Since I don't have a food processor or grinder, I can't make it.

You can buy a cheap coffee grinder (you can even find them in the grocery stores) for about $10.00. Then, just grind your own almonds. It's really very simple.

Beeblebrox Sat, Jul-02-05 22:51

Thanks Nancy! I never would have thought of that. :)

Brandywine Sun, Jul-03-05 12:30

chocolate cake

Has anyone tried this with using mayonaise.. I tried it .. not too bad but. was wondering if anyone has used this and how much would you use..

bakababa Mon, Jul-04-05 09:25

THIS IS THE BEST ... low carbs treat I ever had! It's so easy to make and tastes soooo good!

I made with ground almonds (put them in a food processor), Atkins Hazelhut Syrup (it's the only thing I had in the kitchen) and microwaved for 2 minutes. It came out dry and looked just like a real cake! (but very dry :lol: )

This recipe makes my diet plan so much easier now. Thank You! Thank You so much :D

WIP Mon, Jul-11-05 10:39

This is fantastic! I had desparate chocolate cravings yesterday and it filled the bill beautifully. Added some rasberries, wild blueberries and whipped cream, wonderful and surprisingly fullling. I used Atkins Bake mix instead of Carbquik though.

I picked up almond/hazelnut butter to add to it next and I'm picking up DaVinci's Kalhua flavor as well. (but not using at the same time of course) Thanks for the suggestion Superaunt.