Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Three Minute Chocolate Cake (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177020)

Abby135 Thu, Oct-28-04 20:56

WOW.. I got to try this one too..
Thaks for sharing

Tonymoo Fri, Oct-29-04 05:17

I've made a version of this form another website where it's referred to as instant cake - I find that adding a tablespoon of cream helps to keep it moist.

You can also use this as a basis for an instant bread - i.e. minus all the sweet stuff

BlitzedAng Fri, Oct-29-04 08:11

Land-O-Lakes makes a zero carb heavy whip cream in a can. Went great on top.. :yum:

Angel

GabrielleG Fri, Oct-29-04 09:47

You know, when I was having this I was thinking the same thing Angel. I didn't buy any though.

ssofian Thu, Dec-09-04 20:18

WOW. I used SF Davinci caramel syrup in place of the water or chocolate syrup, and did 1/2 butter and 1/2 sour cream. Very moist like devil's food cake. I added a bit of whipping cream to the top. YUM! It's the first time I've used almond flour and I am impressed!

seira Sun, Jan-09-05 21:07

cake ^-^

the first time i made this it flopped...literally, it didnt rise at all. im not sure what i did wrong, i made it in a pyrex bowl though. the second time i substituted da vinci syrup for water, pecan meal for almond flour and threw in a few chopped pecans too, and made it in the pyrex cup. omg! this time it tasted like cake! my hubby loved it and he is very picky about anything low-carb i make.
i really like the taste the pecan meal gives it, plus thats less carbs.
i vowed never to make any microwave recipes after the mock danish but this is great! next time ill frost it and make 2 cakes, bring one to work cause my break room is ALWAYS filled with goodies people bake and this will help me deal with the temptation lol! :p

kjjmom66 Mon, Jan-10-05 05:50

hmmmmm..... I wonder if the first time you might have forgotten the baking powder or the egg. I make mine with the almond flour and it turns out perfect everytime. It rises nicely. Or maybe you didn't cook it long enough? I bet it would taste great with the pecan meal. I think I'll give that wing next time. If you make your cake ahead of time for the next day, make sure you wrap it up well with plastic wrap as this cake dries out quickly and becomes very brittle like chalk.

amdevelish Sat, Jan-15-05 17:45

*YUM* Can't wait to try it :)

GeoUSA Thu, Jan-20-05 13:52

Replacing half of the almond flour with Carbquik results in a lighter, fluffier cake. I like the nutrition the almond flour adds, so I have not replaced it all. A few times I have forgotten the baking powder and the results are dense and more like a brownie. I'm not sure I would do this intentionally, but I find the resulting brownie is still edible (especially with sugar free ice cream)!

lambykins Thu, Jan-20-05 14:24

Wow! My sister's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what I was going to do this year in place of a cake. I am going to make it this weekend and if my family give me the OK (Which I am sure they will) I will make this for her birthday. Thanks!

Juli_G Wed, Mar-23-05 23:09

Delish!!!! Thanks! :wave:

GinaLeanne Wed, Mar-23-05 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybee
Tried this yesterday and it was quick and quite good ... :thup:

1/4 cup almond flour ( I only had ground almonds, so used that)
1T Cocoa powder
1/4 t baking powder
4-5 packets Splenda

2T melted butter
1T water, or SF syrup ( I used DaVinci choc)
1 egg

In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup, mix all the dry ingredients. Mix the melted butter with the egg and the SF syrup ~ add to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap ... make small slit in wrap, with a knife to vent. Microwave on high for about 1 minute, 10 sec. Adjust as needed for your micro. When it comes out it looks a bit wet, but drys as it cools. ( I do not have a two cup measure, so I pit it in two little glass bowls, and it worked fine)

You can eat warm like a custard with whipped cream ( I added a few diced strawberries) or let it cool completely and frost with low carb icing of your choice.

Hope I am not repeating something already posted, but I can't recall ever seeing it here. Hope you enjoy it.

thanks, sounds great........ :yum:

VALEWIS Thu, Mar-24-05 21:15

I did a breakfast version of this (felt like something sweet)..used almond meal, egg, pulp of one passionfruit, sweetener, and used cottage cheese instead of cream or butter.
Works well...I plan to do an orange/amond flavor one next. Or put bits of pineapple in.

So there are numerous variations on this theme. The nut meals are a godsend.

Val

GeoUSA Fri, Mar-25-05 08:07

Good suggestion, Val. We love the orange flavor and make it using Orange/Vanilla whey powder. Since there is no cocoa powder, we just make that up with extra almond flour or Carbquik. It looks like a fancy dessert with smallish chunks of almonds and an orange slice on top.

VALEWIS Fri, Mar-25-05 15:41

If you love orange and almond, then add grated orange rind in the mix, and a touch of almond essence/flavouring (the almond meal doesn't have a strong flavour IMO)

We can't get Carbquick over here...I am wondering what on earth chemical thing they do to the wheat to make it low carb?? Their web site doesn't really tell you. With my horror of processed flour anyway, the mind boggles. It is bad enough using Splenda or Xylitol...!!

Val