Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Teri's gym log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=216301)

ttorres Mon, Oct-25-04 11:20

Teri's gym log

Hopefully this log will help keep me motivated, and accountable to myself. I'm not sure why it is that I can exercise for weeks at a time, but the slightest distraction will get me off track, and away from the gym for weeks.
Currently I am running twice a week on the treadmill, although I must admit that after 8 weeks of consistancy the last few week's attendace has been pretty spotty.

Goal for week 1: BFL style schedule
Monday: leg half Cathe max intensity strength (approx 30 mins)
Tuesday: 30 mins interval training on treadmill
Wednesday: arm half Cathe mis tape (approx 30 mins)
Thursday: 30 mins interval training on treadmill
Friday: leg half Cathe mis tape (apporx 30 mins)
Sat: outside run, 30-40 mins

I have exercised on and off for years, which pretty much coincides the yo-yoing of my weight. Being a natural couch spud that loves to read I have never really developed a LOVE of exercise. I have read that some use the mantra "I am an athlete", maybe I need to repeat this to myself over & over, until i can overcome my dislike of sweating!

ttorres Tue, Oct-26-04 09:53

OK - did the leg work. Thank goodness I only used two 5# dumbbells, I am feeling a pleasant stiffness in my muscles - not the excruciating pain I was in last time I did leg work, and over did it.

On to the gym tonight for cardio on the treadmill. I may go longer than 30 mins (in which I can run approx 2.10 miles), as my goal is to run a 5K eventually.

ttorres Wed, Oct-27-04 15:02

Did'nt make it to the gym last night as it was raining (rain means being snuggled up at home where it is cozy & warm, good thing it does'nt rain here much!). Legs have gone from pleasantly stiff yesterday to STIFF today. Will do UBWO tonite.

eskimissy Thu, Oct-28-04 18:42

Hi :D

Thanks for passing through my gym log! It totally sucks when laziness gets the best of me and I don't find my way back to the gym like a lost pig :lol:

cool, you're from bakersfield. I use to live in Victorville. I don't know if you've heard of it, but it's like 2 hours away or so. It's hot as hell there!! I so can't take that anymore after living next to the cool beach.

Nice to meet ya :)

Don't give up and keep going!! You can do this :D

kit ;)

ttorres Fri, Oct-29-04 12:24

I've decided to bite the bullet and sign up for a 5K run 11/13. The longest I've run to date is 2.10 miles, but I figure if I can to that far I can do 3.2! Also, I have two weeks to up my distance.

eskimissy Fri, Oct-29-04 15:41

Good luck on that!! I totally suck at cardio :( I'm lucky I can walk :lol:

Keep up at it :D You can do it!!

Thanks for the note about college. This second year is totally killing me. I must be in what I like to call "Slack off City."

Have a great day!

ttorres Tue, Nov-02-04 12:43

OK - last week sucked, got lbwo in on Monday, a run on Saturday which really sucked after the major layoff in October. On to a new week!

Monday: Did fbwo to cathe MIS tape, used two 5# dumbbells on all exercises
Tuesday: treadmill run ~ gym

I have to get all my shceduled runs in (t, th, sat, t, th), as I have signed up for a 5K on Sat 11/13. (What am I thinking????)

ttorres Wed, Nov-03-04 11:18

Ran 2.07 miles in 30 mins ~ 4.5 mph, with two short walk breaks last night. When I run again on Thurs will do 2.30 miles, Sat 2.75 miles, Tue 3.0 miles, Thurs 2.5 miles; then the 5K on Saturday. That's the plan anyways!! I've always just gone for time (30 mins), rather than distance.

Will do FBWO with Cathe MIS tape tonite.

ttorres Thu, Nov-04-04 12:15

Did FBWO to Cathe MIS tape last nite, although I pretty much skipped the abs part as I was whipped!

Will run on the treadmill tonite at the gym - 2.30 miles.

ttorres Fri, Nov-05-04 15:30

Ran last nite with my fried, don't know how far as it was outside. I am estimating that it was 2.25 miles. Ran all the way on the outbound leg, but
coming back walked about half as it was oh so gradual a long uphill (must be why the first half felt so easy!).

Workout shcedule for this week has looked like this:
Mon: FBWO Cathe MIS tape ~ 2 5# dumbbells
Tues: Run on treadmill ~ gym - 30 mins ~ 2.07 miles
Wed: FBWO Cathe MIS tape - upped weights on legs to 13#
Thurs: Trail run - 40 mins approx 2.25 miles
Fri: Off for a haircut
Sat: Trail run - approx 2.25 to 2.5 miles

I've worked out 5 out of 7 days, and feel very motivated right now. I plan for next week's schedule to look the same. I am going up more on the leg weight (to 18#) as I did'nt feel stiff from the amount of weight used this week. My first 5K is next weekend.

Milhafre Sun, Nov-07-04 13:57

Hey ttorres,

Thanks for stopping by - good luck with your 5k. I was just thinking on my run today that I might aim for one one of these days myself. It would be a good motivator to keep jogging!

ttorres Mon, Nov-08-04 15:31

I ran 2.98 miles on Sat on the treadmill. It would have been nicer to run outside, but right now I am into tracking time/mileage. I was thinking I could run this 5k coming up in 45 mins, so I wanted to see what I could do in that amount of time.... Not quite enough! (But close.)

Workout shcedule for this week:
Mon: off, grocery shop & DH b-day dinner
Tues: run ~ gym 45 mins
Wed: FBWO w/ Cathe MIS tape
Thurs: run ~ gym 45 mins
Fri: FBWO w/ Cathe MIS tape (maybe off)
Sat: run 5k

ttorres Fri, Nov-12-04 15:17

Ran 2 miles Tues on treadmill, 40 mins outside Thurs. No strenght/weight training this week.

Tomorrow is my first 5k .. am hoping I do well.

ttorres Mon, Nov-15-04 17:05

Ran my first 5k on Saturday!! I was'nt able to run the whole distance but I came in under my goal time of 45 minutes (43.38). During the run I was wondering "what the hell am I doing here ??", but when I was done I felt such a sense of accomplishment.

Running is also now motivating me to quit smoking, and have started the patch today.

eskimissy Mon, Nov-15-04 17:21

Wow!! Congrats! What a great time, 45 minutes!!!

Did you always have the endurance to run, or did you gradually gain it? I can't run any longer than 2 minutes at a time, and that's IF I'm lucky! I really want to get better at it, but it gets discouraging after a while ya know?

Well congrats again!!! Good luck on quitting smoking! Our health is all we have right?

Bye!