Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Stella Style? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=336337)

inchbyinch Tue, May-29-07 12:46

Stella Style?

Hi I've been on and off low-carb eating for quite some time...but never hear of "STELLA STYLE" till just a week ago!

I'm currently doing this version of low carbing and LOVE it!! Have great results and do nOT feel deprived as I have in the past.

For those of you who have not heard about check out www.stellastyle.com.

He is a chef (George Stella) who once weighed over 400lbs till he discovered low carb,,,but what makes this so great is that he created tons of low carb recipes that embraces soy flour, wheat bran, etc that make for AWESOME, eat-even-if-I-wasn't-dieting foods!!

check it out!!

ANyone out there doing stella style? :yum:

Charran Tue, May-29-07 12:58

I just checked out the website and ordered his cookbooks from the library. I'd love to find some new recipes to try out! Thanks for the info! :)

BAM0782 Tue, May-29-07 16:11

I have George Stella's first cook book and all the recipes that I've tried out of it, were GREAT!!. and the book has the inspirational story of his whole family losing by LCing. I think they lost something like 500+lbs He & Christian his youngest son, don't even look like the same people.

Scented1 Thu, May-31-07 00:09

I just picked up one of his cookbooks used from amazon. It is great! I don't remember which one it is (it is in the kitchen). But, I did the carbonarra (sp) sauce over "zucchini noodles" and it was to die for! Recipes are easy to follow. I am going to make several more over the next weeks.

Kisal Thu, May-31-07 10:17

I have one of George Stella's cookbooks, but since I can't use soy products anymore, I have to alter the recipes if I want to use them.

Dogbert199 Thu, May-31-07 14:36

Stella was profiled by Food Network years ago and had a show called Low Carb N' Lovin' It (or some variation on that).

It was a good show with great ideas. You can find the recipes on Food.com.

Kandra Thu, May-31-07 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert199
Stella was profiled by Food Network years ago and had a show called Low Carb N' Lovin' It (or some variation on that).

It was a good show with great ideas. You can find the recipes on Food.com.

I totally agree Dogbert and it must have been a great show. I wish they'd do another LC show. I was thinking if we all e=mailed the Food Network they'd know there's an audience wanting more of the shows, but I couldn't find a 'contact us' or anyplace to e-mail them on the website. If anyone else finds it, let me know I do want to weigh in. Wouldn't it be great if Karen did a show on Food Network!!
Anyways, I bookmarked the Low CArb N' Lovin' it website when looking for recipes (there's lots of them for free here) http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/epi...177_425,00.html

Scented1 Fri, Jun-01-07 09:36

thanks for the link Kandra!

Walkerbabe Fri, Jun-01-07 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandra
I totally agree Dogbert and it must have been a great show. I wish they'd do another LC show. I was thinking if we all e=mailed the Food Network they'd know there's an audience wanting more of the shows, but I couldn't find a 'contact us' or anyplace to e-mail them on the website. If anyone else finds it, let me know I do want to weigh in. Wouldn't it be great if Karen did a show on Food Network!!

Yeah, I loved his show. I made an appointment in my planner for the time
that his show was scheduled to air. I really hate the fact that FoodNetwork
basically canned all of the LC shows. Heck, all of the networks that I have
access to, canned LC programs. I occasionally see on PBS (every blue
moon) the Eades's cooking show. But, it seems to be so outdated and
boring. I even miss Blaine's LC cooking show. What a shame!

neverwhere Fri, Jun-01-07 12:54

Up until recently, they were airing low carb and lovin in at like 4am. I dont know if they still do it. It's been a while since i've been up watching food network in the middle of the night :lol:

Kandra Fri, Jun-01-07 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverwhere
Up until recently, they were airing low carb and lovin in at like 4am. I dont know if they still do it. It's been a while since i've been up watching food network in the middle of the night :lol:

I just checked our satellite programming schedule (mountain with local channels) and didn't see it. Rats. I'm a foodie and would watch the Food Network for hours, so I reprogrammed the receiver to not show that channel when I channel surf since my appitite is visually stimulated :lol: . It took a while for me to remember how to find the 'normal' channels again only to find it's not there. Too bad.

X-carber Wed, Jun-13-07 13:37

Hello everyone,

I emailed Food Network about 'Low Carb and Loving It' and they emailed me back and said it will be on hiatas until July. I don't know how true that is because I asked the same question last year and they told me it would be in hiatas until January. Well as you can see January has come and gone.