Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Best Of (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   your danger carb food? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34875)

allatonce Tue, Jun-10-03 07:22

trigger

I can crave any of those at one time or another.But chocolate is bad I even sneeze when consuming,but wont stop,knowing its an alergic reaction.After Valentines I went to the drugstore and big boxes were $2.00 so had to get 3 of them.Everything was fine until I opened the first one.I laid on the couch at night and ate all the chocolate off the centers,pick pick pick.Dont care for dark though,has to be milk.Cant have chips for cookies in the house either. I tell myself,just for baking,until I opened a bag of Garadili(sp) semi sweet.Can eat 3 bags in one week..Not good ..Oh and we have an Almond Roca warehouse a few miles away..Holidays etc.bargains galore,can eat twice as much..I have never seen this in print before......I see a problem....HUH :daze:

thininBC Sun, Jun-15-03 16:43

Bread

I love bread. All kinds of bread. Whole grain, white, bannock, etc.
I dodged a big 'carb bullet' today. FIL came with a huge plate of fried bannock, potato salad, and salmon. I had ONE bite of bannock - then literally ran out of the house. If I had stayed I would have cleaned off the whole damn plate.

LadyBelle Sun, Jun-15-03 22:33

Dairy, Dairy, and more Dairy. I knew from trying Low Fat that cheesecake and cheese were weaknesses, and i loved the fact that with LC WOE you could have limited amounts. For me it is hard to stay limited though and I have to try harder and cut more out.

zandria72 Tue, Jun-17-03 11:15

I voted for sugar the first time I was on here (whenever that was) but I'm starting to think I have a new weakness: fruit juice. I'm terribly fond of exotic blends, smoothies, etc. I haven't eaten much sugar lately, but I keep buying those bottles of Naked fruit! Pomegranate and blueberry! Mango madness! And it is so tough to convince myself that they are bad for me! Argh!

hooprat Thu, Jun-19-03 06:16

We all scream for ice cream !!

My weaknesses are Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and Arbys curly fries !! I can't eat enough of them once I get started.

Any hard ice cream in general is a problem for me !!

Gwyn Thu, Jun-19-03 11:15

I'm more of a "savory" aficionado.

What I miss most are chip-type snacks (tortilla chips, potato chips), fried potatoes (french fries, tater tots), and popcorn. You know, the constant hand-to-mouth foods.

I also miss mashed potatos and gravy.

I've never been a big sugar fiend. I can live without chocolate, candy, ice cream, pastries, etc. But I do miss some sugar/carb-laden alcoholic beverages, such as cider, microbrew, and Irish cream whiskey.

As for fruit, that I can have in moderation. I'm lucky that the fruit that I like is mostly that which I can have on Atkins.

The nice thing about low-carb is that there are replacements, to a certain degree. I can have nuts instead of chips. I can have mashed cauliflower with meat drippings instead of mashed potatos and gravy. Plus, there are all kinds of sugar-free chocolate, candy, and ice cream that are available. And I can have other types of alcoholic beverages than the ones that I listed above.

So this is definitely doable. And once I hit maintenance, I can add high-carb food back in, one treat once a week. That I can live with. :)

-G.

kmarie1351 Fri, Jun-20-03 06:23

Fruit

I was in the grocery store yesterday, and the wonderful aroma of fresh fruit nearly did me in. My mouth was watering at the smell of ripe strawberries and peaches, but I avoided temptation. I had some raspberries from my back yard the other day, and they made me HUNGRY the whole rest of the day!

GrooveJock Fri, Jun-20-03 07:04

after much thought I would say that my danger food is sushi. I keep telling myself that its only a little rice....... (just 12 times over!)

S.A.Salsa Fri, Jun-20-03 09:14

Sugar

It has to be sugar!!! Ice CREAM and that darned Krispy Kreme. They just opened 2 of them a few months back and it's been dreadful thinking of them. My mother said Hey I got a coupon for Buy 1 dozen get one FREE. I love those donuts. My son loves them also, at least I can smell them. :D

candyluver Fri, Jun-20-03 17:12

hope I'm not butting in..I have posted outside the newbies area, and sort of get ignored. Anyway...I have been LCing for a little over a month, and I crave it ALL after reading this thread.
Especially the pastries ( cream filled choc covered long johns)
Maybe sharing this will help me vent it out..I shouldn't have read this thread :(
:wave:

black57 Sat, Oct-25-03 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonycat
Raz where is the chocolate button?

Forget sugar, potatoes, grains and fruits.....chocolate is it's OWN food category!

:lol:

:nono: To the contrary, chocolate is low-carb as long as it is sweetened with splenda and not sugar. It even has fiber. :yay: I have made lc cookies with chocolate.

Black57

CindySue48 Sun, Oct-26-03 18:58

I'd have to say sugar....it's the chocolate!

Serenitee Mon, Oct-27-03 19:13

SO glad...

That I found this thread...it really helps me knowing I am not alone in this -- Ihave fierce cravings for chocolate and sugar -- and even a little bit sends me over the edge... :nono: sugar is a big no-no for me ...my real weakness are those kudos chocolate granola bars (peanut butter kind). I have once had three of those in one sitting -- though the most was 7 within an hour :cry:

I am doing a lot better now because they don't make it in the house anymore :nono:

katticus Mon, Oct-27-03 19:30

Two words: Krispy Kreme. If I start, I can't stop, and it's a VERY fattening cycle.

Been KK-free now for 3 weeks!!! And intending to stay that way!!!

Katt :)

inglesita Tue, Feb-17-04 17:12

TORTILLA CHIPS w/ salsa, queso, guacamole, nachos, etc. PLEASE somebody help me with a good substitute.