Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   creamy garlic parmesan chicken (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141947)

ImOnMyWay Sat, Jul-26-08 22:21

I made the recipe as per the first post: amazing!!! so easy, and so good! Definitely a keeper.

ImOnMyWay Mon, Jul-28-08 22:24

Okay, this is so good, I made it again tonight! Seriously, the best chicken breast recipe I've had this year!

:)

folkshot Thu, Aug-21-08 15:31

Hmm...how do you think this would be on pork chops? Do you just plot a dollop down, or do you kind of smooth it over the meat?

cyberus Thu, Aug-21-08 16:36

Mayonnaise ... the "poor mans" hollandaise :)

Speaking of which .. if you make hollandaise sauce adding a dollop of mayo at the end and whisking it in will stabilize it.

big_loser Thu, Aug-21-08 21:20

tut why wasnt it nice when i made it! well it was ok but tasted like just chicken!

ImOnMyWay Fri, Aug-22-08 01:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkshot
Hmm...how do you think this would be on pork chops? Do you just plot a dollop down, or do you kind of smooth it over the meat?

I smoothed it over the whole chicken breast (or rather, half a chicken breast).

I think 1" thick pork chops would do well here.

folkshot Fri, Aug-22-08 11:41

I tried this last night and it was so tasty! Even my husband who doesn't really like pork chops said it was good. I get those thick ones from Costco (I think I buy almost everything from Costco!) and next time I am going to make an incision and put some of the topping inside the chop. I had the dip spread really thick on the outside and I was very pleased with the end result.

missymagoo Fri, Sep-05-08 22:35

i am trying to get back with low carbing and getting the recipes here. i am going to have to try this with the red snapper fish and see if i like it too. sue

ImOnMyWay Tue, Nov-10-09 00:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_loser
tut why wasnt it nice when i made it! well it was ok but tasted like just chicken!

One thing that can make this recipe go wrong is too much oregano (since there are no measurements).

PilotGal Tue, Nov-10-09 04:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve25
i dont even measure anything. you just mix together:
mayo
parmesan cheese
chopped garlic
oregano (i use a lot)

spoon it over chicken breasts in a dish. cook at 350 for about....40 minutes maybe. if its browning too quickly cover it with foil.
i used to add a drained can of chopped artichoke hearts to this recipe.. and you can thin the mayo with sour cream.

missymagoo Fri, Jan-01-10 23:49

bump! it up to the top. sue

EMTstar Thu, Jan-14-10 16:30

I am totally going to try this recipe, it sounds delicious and very tasty. My mom loves to make chicken rolled in parm cheese but this sounds like a step up from that!

daedreamer Sat, Jan-23-10 20:07

I make baked chicken like this at least once a week, sometimes more. I have found that the mayo topping is also absolutely decadent broiled on top of asparagus spears. OMG Yum!! If you've never tried this, you MUST!!

PilotGal Sun, May-16-10 05:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve25
i dont even measure anything. you just mix together:

mayo
parmesan cheese
chopped garlic
oregano (i use a lot)

spoon it over chicken breasts in a dish. cook at 350 for about....40 minutes maybe. if its browning too quickly cover it with foil.

i like to add fresh mushrooms and a can of artichoke hearts (drained) to this recipe, and do this with chicken thighs and drumsticks, too.

healthy678 Thu, Nov-25-10 14:38

This sounds delish!