Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Salads Veggies & Side Dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Faux Twice Baked Potato (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=87398)

cajuda Mon, Jan-17-05 15:46

Oh my!! I had a sneak taste before putting it in the oven and it was delicious! Can't wait to eat in 20 minutes. :lol:

PlayDoh Mon, Jan-17-05 17:45

i made this the night before last and it tasted just like the real thing. it was so delicious. i left out the romano and mushrooms though. thanks for the fab recipe! btw, i put the leftovers in a heavily sprayed muffin tin and they reheated in individual servings perfectly.

SusanKH Wed, May-18-05 06:46

I'm bumping this up because it is so good - even my non-LC family members love it!

Demi Wed, May-18-05 07:38

Always a favourite of mine :)

PilotGal Sat, May-21-05 05:35

I have great news and bad news.

The great news is... they were absolutely fantastic!
The bad news is.. I tried to eat the whole thing.

Can't do this recipe and have moderation. :tears:

Demi Sat, May-21-05 06:55

Quote:
The bad news is.. I tried to eat the whole thing.

Can't do this recipe and have moderation.

Just make half or a quarter then ;) ... or, save some for the next day, shape it into a 'cake' and pan fry. Add some pre-cooked cabbage or green beans into the mix before cooking as well, and voila ~ low carb Bubble & Squeak :)

jedswife Mon, May-23-05 09:07

made this and it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the recipe :yum:

Sbear Wed, Oct-12-05 10:20

What about freezing this in smaller portions? Guess the worst that could happen is that it's more mushy, which wouldn't be the end of the world for me.

I have to pull back the feeding bag on this one as well. But I do better when I can freeze portions.

Like Bawdy's cheesecake. That baby is dangerous for me unless I freeze the slices immediately.

PlayDoh Wed, Oct-12-05 13:59

i've frozen this before and it came out fine.

Luanna_nz Thu, Jan-05-06 01:00

just wanted to say thanks.
I made this tonight and it was yummy!!

Zuleikaa Sun, Feb-12-06 18:11

I finally made it. It was delicious!!!

RedJodie Tue, Feb-14-06 06:50

I finally made something similar to this last night and it was fantastic! I did find it was a bit wet though, I guess I didn't squeeze enough water out of the cauliflower. But it's definitely a keeper!

PlayDoh Tue, Feb-14-06 12:41

this is one of my favorite things to make. i don't make it often though because it is difficult not to overeat it, it's that good.

cajuda Wed, Feb-15-06 19:06

This recipe isn't fabulous. It's DANGEROUS!!!!! It's very easy to overindulge. Guess I'll have to make it many more times in order to get the 'Oh-My-God-this-is-so-good-I've-gotta-eat-more feeling' out of my system before I can eat reasonable-size portions. I'm going to try adding eggs to make 'pancakes' for breadfast that a previous poster mentioned. Thanks again for the delicious recipe!

ReeseBRoug Thu, Feb-23-06 18:05

Let's say yum!

Thank you for sharing this recipe! This was the first recipe I pulled off a forum and what a success. I'm so glad there are people out there willing to share good things when they find them.