Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Best Of (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   All you ever needed to know about LC in one simple "pome." (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=63363)

fluffybear Mon, Jan-05-04 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hi Fluffy Bear,

It's all about choices. I choose to follow a low carb eating plan, because while I might need to take some supplements, my over all health is still way better than it was on a low fat diet. :)

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Thanks for responding. I think you are right. Just because people are on Atkins, does not mean they are eating right. I know a lot of people on Atkins who skip breakfast and I know one guy who NEVER eats any vegetables at all! Also, know some people who only eat salad with a little meat. People need to know it takes more than just cutting out sugar and flour to be healthy. Your reply made a lot of sense. Thanks again.

rosemarie7 Fri, Jan-30-04 07:19

Love it Rosebud!!! -RoseMarie

Slimbets Sat, Jan-31-04 15:54

[FONT=Arial]Hi - I'm new at this so bear with me... It's just nice to be among others who are trying to lose/keep losing!

sly1 Sun, May-02-04 17:42

What a great poem. I love it! Thanks Rosebud!

SLMDezi Mon, May-03-04 06:18

Thanks so much!!! you've answered many of my questions in one post!
Des

AngelBelle Wed, May-05-04 13:00

*smiles*

loved it!
It was cute and useful!

*soonslim* Tue, May-11-04 20:17

very good poem excellent

dee66044 Thu, Aug-12-04 11:40

Looks like i need some vitamins!

photogirl Tue, Dec-07-04 06:53

What a Wonderful poem! Cute and informative! Right to the point! ;) Thanks Rosebud!!

Have a good day!
~*Lisa*~

Rivers Thu, Mar-31-05 18:34

Cute poem!!!

sc_Lynn Tue, Jun-07-05 07:10

Hey I really like that. Entertaining and informative :agree:

Lynn

jsrold77 Mon, Aug-08-05 08:29

Excellent poem, very informative, and catchy!

divvy Thu, Jan-05-06 15:56

Quote:
Feeling somewhat dizzy?
Potassium you need.

Well....I am on 3rd day now and lemme tell you I almost fell over in the grocery store today, and literally fell into a wall last night. In the a.m. prior to b'fast I have been taking a multi vitamin, all natural b-complex, vitamin c, potassium, and an essential oil capsule (some kind of omega 3 plus others). So....can somebody give me a suggestion to ward off the vertigo and headache:q:

Rosebud Thu, Jan-05-06 18:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by divvy
Well....I am on 3rd day now and lemme tell you I almost fell over in the grocery store today, and literally fell into a wall last night. In the a.m. prior to b'fast I have been taking a multi vitamin, all natural b-complex, vitamin c, potassium, and an essential oil capsule (some kind of omega 3 plus others). So....can somebody give me a suggestion to ward off the vertigo and headache:q:

Hiya Divvy,

First of all, I wouldn't take your vitamins before breakfast. Multivitamins, essential oils, and especially potassium will work better if you take them with food. I personally find a multivite makes me feel terrible if I have it on an empty tum. ;)

How much potassium are you taking? You may need to supplement with about 400mg daily. I use the potassium salt, No Salt, and just sprinkle it on my food.

It may help you to start a journal here. That way you can (if you wish) keep track of what you are eating, and others will call in to offer advice and encouragement. :)

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. Unfortunately a headache seems to be part of the deal as you withdraw from carbs. I hope you are feeling better soon. :there:

Rosebud:rose:

divvy Fri, Jan-06-06 08:22

Quote:
Hiya Divvy,

First of all, I wouldn't take your vitamins before breakfast. Multivitamins, essential oils, and especially potassium will work better if you take them with food. I personally find a multivite makes me feel terrible if I have it on an empty tum. ;)

How much potassium are you taking? You may need to supplement with about 400mg daily. I use the potassium salt, No Salt, and just sprinkle it on my food.

It may help you to start a journal here. That way you can (if you wish) keep track of what you are eating, and others will call in to offer advice and encouragement. :)

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. Unfortunately a headache seems to be part of the deal as you withdraw from carbs. I hope you are feeling better soon. :there:

Rosebud:rose:

Thanks Rosebud for your quick and kind response.

I will try tomorrow to take my vitamins after b'fast or lunch even and see if it helps. I am unsure how much potassium I am taking at the moment because it's at home & I'm at work, but I have noted the 400mg and will compare when I get home later. :thup:

I am also going to try and start a journal here (I just have to discipline myself to stick with writing it) ;) , I can imagine being honest & having to put it out there for others to look at will help, and it certainly can't hurt.

Hopefully today will be better....Yesterday was B-A-D I literally broke down in tears :cry: on my drive home from work. I think I may have picked a poor time to start this WOL again. I just recently quit smoking and am in the process of trying to change jobs as I hate the one I currently have. Also, 2nd day I began Atkins I got my monthly female visitor. :rolleyes: Needless to say I unleashed all of my troubles, anxieties and withdrawls on my poor mother last night. Thank god for a helping ear...She got me through that moment. I was thinking I am so glad for this forum as it's a great support system. There should be some kind of support group like they have in AA.....Yeesh this is tough stuff! :eek: