Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Crockpot Country Style Ribs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=158084)

Sandollar Thu, Jan-24-08 13:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegandpal
We love this! My husband liked the leftovers even more, and suggested that we always make them the day before we want to eat them! And we do!
Thanks!
I agree! I made these for lunch yesterday and thought they were just "OK."....Pulled them out of the fridge today and they were SO much better! I remember Alton Brown explaining why stews taste better the next day, but I can't remember...something about the sinew of the meat relaxing....I dunno...

I used celery stalks (the leafy bits) instead of seeds. (didn't have any)

Next time I do this recipe I'm going to use V8 juice instead of celery and ketchup...maybe it'll give it a bit of a "kick!" :D

montanasun Thu, Jan-24-08 17:50

This sounds great! I cannot wait to try this.

Rachelle Thu, Mar-20-08 00:04

I don't know if anyone here eats venison, but i've been making this with that since the BF has a whole deep freezer of the stuff from his hunting trip.. it's delicious and very lean doing it that way :-)

gweny70 Fri, Dec-12-08 08:21

can't wait to try this one...

ILoveMyKit Sun, Dec-28-08 16:39

yum. im going to try this.. been looking for stuff to get away from chicken which is all i ever pretty much eat and im sick of it...

mainecyn Sun, Dec-28-08 16:44

I have to try these. I miss bbq type food

GlendaRC Tue, Dec-30-08 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandollar
I agree! I made these for lunch yesterday and thought they were just "OK."....Pulled them out of the fridge today and they were SO much better! I remember Alton Brown explaining why stews taste better the next day, but I can't remember...something about the sinew of the meat relaxing....I dunno...

I used celery stalks (the leafy bits) instead of seeds. (didn't have any)

Next time I do this recipe I'm going to use V8 juice instead of celery and ketchup...maybe it'll give it a bit of a "kick!" :D

Steph, try adding a wee tad (well, maybe a bigger tad) of Lea & Perrins and a sprinkle of chile pepper flakes. My recipe for these is very much the same except I've always done them in the oven for 3 hours more or less. The crockpot sounds like less work and no keeping track of timing.

sophia25 Thu, Jan-07-10 22:18

Where can you get the brown sugar twin? Is it available in at walmart?

SusanKH Sat, Jul-06-13 11:17

Bumping this up. I've made these numerous times and they're always good, always tender, with whatever kind of ribs are on sale.

missymagoo Tue, Jul-09-13 13:26

this is wonderful- they taste really yummy. sue

missymagoo Sun, Aug-11-13 12:43

i am on my induction phrase so i am going to try it afterwards. sue

Kristine Thu, Aug-21-14 09:40

I can't believe I never replied to this thread. These are my go-to ribs. It's so easy. I actually don't even bother cutting off the fat or cooking them first - they go straight from the package to the crock pot.

I made them a few days ago and didn't have an onion - they were still fabulous. :thup: