Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Hour Power # 6: CAD/CALP Daily Thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=460987)

BDParrish Fri, Jul-16-21 10:44

Thanks Eno!

I am putting your story up on my FB group. I will copy/paste the 10year planiversary part. So encouraging.
Thanks!
BrianD

patriciakr Mon, Jul-19-21 08:40

6 weeks back on plan. I will be extremely happy when I can say that it has been 6 months :)

One day at a time.

Made a batch of cm Scotch eggs for several breakfasts, turned out well. Next experiment is with frozen Calamari rings, if I can cook them properly, this will be an occasional tasty, lower calorie/high protein treat.

patriciakr Fri, Jul-23-21 08:40

I want to recommend something that is a new discovery for us - Mann's Kohlrabi Linguine noodles...very tasty, and this is a cm veggie :)

BDParrish Sat, Jul-24-21 15:35

New Product

Thanks for this I will look into it.
How do you serve this?
BrianD

patriciakr Sun, Jul-25-21 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDParrish
Thanks for this I will look into it.
How do you serve this?
BrianD

It is in a steam bag, allegedly has 3 servings of 2 cup size, but I measured the entire bag after cooking, and it was 2 cups. I suppose if one fluffed it a bit, it might be more :lol:
I just figured eating the one cup was 1.5 of the nutritional values listed re carbs/calories.

It has, being Kohlrabi, a slightly sweet taste - if that is off putting, I'd try a bit of marinara sauce or a lemon juice/butter/fresh herb sauce.

patriciakr Mon, Jul-26-21 13:52

Thought I would again mention one of my favorite "tools" in cm cooking - sugar free, salt free rice wine vinegar.
I make a coleslaw that my dh truly loves and still compliments me on, years after I first came up with my recipe. The main trick to the recipe, is using this vinegar.

It's not very complicated and I can well see someone adjusting it with additional ingredients (diced scallion for one), but here it is:

shredded cabbage, green or red or both
celery seed
a clean (or if you do this, homemade) mayo
salt and sugar free rice wine vinegar
pepper

I sometimes add fresh cilantro and diced jalapeno - fresh or the mild cm pickled that I have found.

I do this to taste, never measure, but always start with preparing the dressing - mayo, the vinegar, celery seed, mix until the texture is smooth, then add my cabbage.
Best if it gets to marinate for at least an hour.

patriciakr Mon, Aug-02-21 07:57

Back on plan 2 months as of today. Woot!

Looking forward to seeing where I will be in another two months. I know it will be a lighter me, and hopefully, a feeling better with more energy, walking more easily me :)

I am pleased with how well eating out is going for me, making good choices, and doing a lot more doggie bags. I am tired of the past habit of eating beyond comfortably full. These days, when I am done, I stop. The leftovers can come home for next day's rm!

patriciakr Wed, Aug-04-21 08:52

Made a discovery of a new to us cm sausage when at Costco recently - Sabatino's organic basil & cracked black pepper chicken sausages. I highly recommend!

patriciakr Thu, Aug-26-21 08:02

Heading towards 3 months back on plan as of next Monday - weight loss seems to be a pound a week at best.

I am the turtle. I will win this race, a second time :agree: :thup:

patriciakr Fri, Aug-27-21 14:07

Happy to say that my feelings of clothes being looser and just feeling a tiny bit smaller, are correct.
I weighed myself today to see (just for today) that I am over 14 pounds down. I was glad to see some numerical proof :lol: that I am indeed getting a little closer to my end goal.

patriciakr Mon, Aug-30-21 13:22

3 months back on plan :) Looking forward to where I will be in another 3 months.